Scrambled Colors on Yabuse and PCE CD question

I was pretty excited to try out yabuse on retroarch but I ran into a problem as soon as I try loading 3 games… The colors were scrambled but the speed and sound were superb. Is there any way to fix this? I know the core is new to retro-arch so it could be it’s no optimized. My second question is I don’t know why but for the life of me I can’t get PCE CD games to work on retro arch. I tried putting the bios with the wav and ISO files, I tried putting the bios with the same directory as retroarch exe…Nothing seem to work. Ootake works perfectly but the sound on that emulator is awful and I would love to have Retroarch as my only emulator for emulation. Can anyone help. Thank you for taking the time to read my issue.

The garbled color issue just got fixed a couple of hours ago. You should be able to pull the new cores from the core updater tomorrow.

PCE CD needs syscard3.pce in the system directory, I think.

[QUOTE=hunterk;24574]The garbled color issue just got fixed a couple of hours ago. You should be able to pull the new cores from the core updater tomorrow.

PCE CD needs syscard3.pce in the system directory, I think.[/QUOTE]

Thank you Kindly. I will try it again and see if I can get PCE CD to work and I look forward to playing yabuse/saturn tomorrow!

I put the syscard in the retroarch folder. no dice :frowning:

it needs to go in the ‘system’ folder, whatever you set it as in settings > directory settings. You may need to create it if it doesn’t exist already.

I did what you said and retro arch crashes. Ideas?

Dunno. Could be a few things. Load up the core (but don’t launch any games) and then go to Information > Core Information and see if it’s detecting/accepting your BIOS image. If everything’s okay there, try launching from a command line with --verbose and it’ll print any errors to console.

I gave up on the PCE CD… Ootake is much easier to run the games, no biggie. Yabuse is still scrambled though. They didn’t implemented the fixed core yet?

Yabause is actually fixed already, the fix was in RA. PCE works fine, you just need the right BIOS, and cue/bin images BIOS goes into whatever you have defined as SYSTEM directory, and if you don’t have one it should say content dir, in that case it should be with the rom

Whoops, I explained this wrong. As radius said, it was an issue in RA, so you would download the updated nightly for RA rather than updated cores, which were actually fine to begin with.

I’ll try the nightly update soon for yabuse. I don’t know why the bios doesn’t work… it’s the same one I used for Ootake and used it on magic engine as well. All the games are in bin/cue format. RA just closes while other emulators work just fine… I made a system folder in the root director,set the system folder path in RA and placed syscard3.pce in the folder. So I don’t know…