Screen problems with 1.6.0

I’m having screen orientation and shader problems with v1.6.0. Shaders do not work at all. I’ve tried Vulkan and GL drivers but that makes no difference.

Another problem is with screen orientation. Switching to landscape orientation does not work properly if I start Retroarch holding phone normally at portrait mode. Rotating phone to landscape mode sets the picture width to maximum but height less than half of the screen height (so the aspect ratio is completely wrong). Also the touchscreen overlay buttons stop working. I need to rotate phone first and then start Retroarch to get proper picture.

I’ve tested with Nestopia UE and bsnes-mercury Balanced cores but the problem does not seem to be core related since even the GUI is not rendered properly when rotating phone. My phone is Oneplus 3T.

Is this a bug in v1.6.0 or have I configured something wrong?

This is the first I’ve heard of it but that doesn’t mean anything. Can you get a log of trying to load a shader and it failing to load? One for GLSL and one for Vulkan, if you don’t mind.

It seems I didn’t test as properly as I thought. After testing some more it seems that the Vulkan driver is the cause of the screen orientation problems as GL driver seems to work. Also the shader problem is related to Vulkan as well. I couldn’t load glsl shaders with Vulkan driver but slang shaders work with it. Glsl shaders work with GL driver.

I now have problem with bsnes-mercury Balanced core. It always crashes after few seconds. I need to test more cores. How can I read logs?