Scroll Lock starts unwanted services in MAME

Just tried using the MAME core on my old Notebook with Windows 7, but for some reason Scroll Lock which brings up MAME’s menu seems to start a whole bunch of RA services like netplay and streaming leading to a freeze. I don’t have any of the services mapped to that key and never used them. This doesn’t happen when game focus is switched on, but once it’s turned off again, the services get started regardless.

Any hunch what’s going on?

It sounds like the same outcome (that is, same series of actions that have no hotkey assignments) as this issue, which, unfortunately, has no leads: https://github.com/libretro/RetroArch/issues/10855

2 Likes

Yes, it sounds somewhat similar. Going back to RA 1.7.7. didn’t make difference, but in the case of MAME I just mapped the internal UI key to something else and that “fixes” it, so at least it’s not a big deal for that particular core it seems.

1 Like

This issue appears related to a topic I already posted as well. I wonder if the devs are aware about it and working on a solution.

No, nobody’s working on it, as we didn’t know of any way to reliably reproduce it, but if killing explorer.exe does it every time, that might be something we can use.

Thanks for your feedback @hunterk. Killing explorer.exe reproduces it every time for me on Windows 10.