SDK for PS3 nightlies is wrong - most cores lock the console

Just as the thread title says. There is an issue with the SDK revision being used for the PS3 Retroarch nightlies and main releases. Many of the cores won’t load games and lock the console requiring a hard Reboot. This has been the case since 1.6.0. Libretro Forum User Ezio has been able to compile it with a different revision of SDK and it compiles correctly, and all cores are playable. Maybe someone who manages the buildbot releases can contact Ezio and figure out the differences to the official releases actualy work?

The DEX version from the buildbot works fine on my machine, using the latest Rebug firmware.

I will try asking Ezi0 and others if he can think of a solution. We are asking SDK 3.70 which is more recent than the SDK I usually use, maybe that’s the issue.

I’m using the CEX release but otherwise same. Prosystem (atari 7800) locks up every game. MAME 2000 locks up 9 times out of 10. Genesis GX won’t load shaders of any kind, locks up on larger roms. It might just be the CEX compile. But this issue has persisted since 1.6.0 - even with DEX release, so I suspect not.

Thanks for looking into it.