Second Mayflash SNES Adapter won't work

Hi there, I’m new with RetroArch and like it very much, but I have one big issue which makes me really sad. I Use Retroarch (newes Build) on a Win10 Machine. I also use Launchbox to manage my Games.

I’ve got 2 Mayflash NES/SNES-USB-Adapters which I would like to controll the games with. Retroarch detects the Adapter as “NES/FC/SFC To USB Box (#0)”, and one single Adapter works really fine and can be configured as I wish. (Input Driver for Joypads is DInput, tried the others too, but then the Pad does not work anymore).

Now for the problem: If I connect the second Adapter, it will be recognized as Box #0, too. There are now 2 identical entries in the User device index field, which can be alternated with they cursor keys but only the first of the pads will function.

I tried connecting the second Box to another USB port, Renaming it with the “joy2key” software proposed by Mayflash but nothing helps. Both Controllers work in Launchbox, i can navigate with them without a hassle, but Retroarch fails to recognize the second one correctly. (A Popup on start informs me that no profiles are found for NES/FC/SFC To USB Box(121/6148).) Still, the first controller works fine, the second one is offline. If I disconnect the first Controller, then the second is recognized and used.

Any suggestions how to make both of them work.

Thanks in advance and sorry for my bad english, I’m native german speaker. If you need any other Infos let me know - please be patient with me, I´m absolutey noob with this stuff. Used only real Hardware before.

Have you tried disabling autoconfig, connecting them to different usb ports and mapping them manually?

Yes, Yes, and Yes, none of ist brought any difference in behaviour. I had to manually create Folders in the autoconf Dir in order to make the save work (due to the fact that the controllers name contains slashes, so i made the folders myself.) But even now as i manually created them the log tells me that no profile can be found. Also there is the weird fact that both controllers are found as “box (#0)”. If i disconnect one of them, the other will take the position as first controller.

Anyone got an idea?

I have this same issue with two identical Buffalo Classic gamepads. They both work simultaneously in EmulationStation, but when starting retroarch only one of them is configured. If I unplug the working pad, the other starts working as if it was the same device. When I try to select either pad in the config menu, there is only one pad available, tagged as ‘USB 8-button pad #0’ or something alike.

I checked out the retroarch config file and I found this:

input_driver = “dinput” input_device_p1 = “0” input_player1_joypad_index = “0” input_libretro_device_p1 = “1” input_player1_analog_dpad_mode = “0” input_device_p2 = “0” input_player2_joypad_index = “1” input_libretro_device_p2 = “1” input_player2_analog_dpad_mode = “0” input_device_p3 = “0” input_player3_joypad_index = “2” input_libretro_device_p3 = “1” input_player3_analog_dpad_mode = “0” input_device_p4 = “0” input_player4_joypad_index = “3” input_libretro_device_p4 = “1” input_player4_analog_dpad_mode = “0” input_device_p5 = “0” input_player5_joypad_index = “4” input_libretro_device_p5 = “1” input_player5_analog_dpad_mode = “0”

this is just an excerpt, it goes up to player16 but it’s all the same. For each player, only the variable input_playerX_joypad_index [FONT=arial]has a different value depending on the player number, but all other variables are set to the same values for all players. Would it be worth trying to manually edit those values?[/FONT]

Also, there are those ‘input_player1_button_yaddayadda=…’ lines which I guess are mapping values, and only the lines for ‘input_player1_[…]’ have values in them, the corresponding lines for all other players, starting from player2, are all set to ‘null’.

Any ideas?

EDIT: clarification and typos

Okay so I finally fixed it :slight_smile: so far it’s working flawlessly. That’s what I did:

1. Plug in the first pad. Start retroarch, go to Settings -> Input -> Input user 1 binds and configure the pad
  2. Once the pad is cofigured, select “User 1 save autoconfig”. That will create a *.cfg file in the autoconfig folder with the name of your gamepad
  3. Exit retroarch. Go to the autoconfig folder and rename the file from “XXX yadda yadda my_gamepad.cfg” to “XXX yadda yadda my_gamepad #1.cfg”
  4. Unplug the pad and plug in the second pad. Then go again through 1. and 2.
  5. Go to autoconfig folder and rename the second file from “XXX yadda yadda my_gamepad.cfg” to “XXX yadda yadda my_gamepad #2.cfg”
  6. Copy both files to the appropriate autoconfig subfolder (for instance, my pads were recognized as “winxinput” type, so I copied them to the autoconfig/xinput subfolder)
  7. Start retroarch again, go to Settings -> Input and toggle “autoconfig” to ‘On’
  8. Restart retroarch and test both pads. They should be working now.

As the pads are identical, I suspect it will work too if you just save 1 file and rename it as …#1.cfg and …#2.cfg

Anyone can confirm it works?