Second Nvidia Shield Controller when using Retroarch via Gamestream

Hi guys. I have picked through the forum a bit hoping to find a solution to my problem, but none really addressed using Retroarch through Gamestream I could tell.

I am using LaunchBox via Gamestream. Everything works great for my player one controller.

I have enabled “multiple controllers” in the Shield menu.

Second controller won’t register at all.

Any insight? Thank you.

It is possible to set up Kodi as the default launcher on a Shield and start everything from there - so you literally only have one single UI for everythingI:

Thanks man, but I sort of dislike Kodi. I will look into it though.

I am resurrecting this thread to report some findings…

So, yesterday I was using Launchbox via Gamestream with my Shield. I opened Mario Kart for Gamecube and was playing that via the Dolphin emulator. I used Teamviewer on my phone to alt tab out of Dolphin to get into the input config, and without any issue, setup the second Shield controller. I was playing Mario Kart with two players > Via Gamestream.

Why can Dolphin do this but RetroArch is unable to detect my second controller?

Bumping this. Just looking for a little explanation. I feel like it’s getting brushed under the rug, but seems like there sound be a simple enough solution. I have it working fine in other emulators, so Shield is not the problem as stated earlier. Thanks.

I would like to throw in my vote of support for this fix. My setup is just about perfect streaming from my PC through my NVIDIA Shield TV, and Retroarch working for Player 2 is the last big thing holding this back. It works properly for Windows games, and when using the Dolphin emulator. I launch everything using the Big Box/Launchbox frontend. Big Box also sees my controllers just fine, and I have multiple-controllers enabled through the GameStream settings.