Seemless transition between ES and RA

I have seen certain fixes for linux but how to i setup a seemless “no command box” popup. Also make RA seemless when opening a game. It bugs me to see the windows screen. Please help a frustrated fool. Ive seen so many youtubes showing the beautiful transition between launcher and games and id love to be able to do this. Thankyou for any replies ive been attempting to find this info for the last 3 days and im blue in the face. :frowning:

Btw Emulation Station and Retroarch for those who may not get it right off the bat.

Try adding -D to your launch commands.

Like after or b4 the -L?

Shouldn’t matter, as long as you don’t put it between the -L and the path to the core library.

so if this is right well unfortunately it didnt make a difference.

<system> <name>n64</name> <fullname>Nintendo 64</fullname> <path>~.emulationstation\roms 64</path> <extension>.v64 .z64 .n64</extension> <command>C:\Users"SheerDistance".emulationstation\systems\retroarch\retroarch.exe -D -L “C:\Users\SheerDistance.emulationstation\systems\retroarch\cores\mupen64plus_libretro.dll” “%ROM_RAW%”</command> <platform>n64</platform> <theme>n64</theme> </system>

and there is no space between the o and the n on station idk why it did that when i pasted it

And it keeps flickering when in motion idk why either it maybe just my monitor.

shrug, dunno, then. I guess you could try going to settings > video > Borderless Fullscreen ON. This is worse for input latency and a handful of other things but it prevents having to redraw the screen when you launch.

I will have to try thanks for the advice. Still on the search :wink:

Have you not updated RetroArch in a long time? Because stable and nightlies for Windows haven’t shown the command prompt window for quite a while now. That’s why there’s a separate retroarch_debug.exe that does show the prompt in case you need it.

Its version 1.3.6 im not sure if its the most recent but retrolibr had it posted as Full Stable x64 i believe. And there is a separate debug exe in the folder.

It shouldn’t launch with any command window then, 1.3.6 is the latest stable. When I launch from Steam or RetroFE it just launches seamlessly; no screen flash or noticeable desktop stuff. It doesn’t need any special command line parameters added either.

You could grab the latest nightly exe to have the latest just to be sure.

Huh weird ill start fresh on my beefier rig and see if its a hardware issue, Could windows ten have anything todo with it?

The command window was popping up in some nightlies a few days ago but that was fixed and it shouldn’t be happening in the latest nightly.

Kk ill check it out im jus not willing to give up, i wanna build an arcade/console station. Eventually i wanna make a cool enclosure and have this thing seemless no windows gui or anything i jus need this setup up b4 i can move on to the next step. Ill keep you guys posted and again thank you guys for being patient with me and trying to troubleshoot this! <3