Sega 32x compatibility issues

This is only for the Picodrive core,but applies to all platforms that retroarch runs on. The Sega 32x enulation runs really great! I can run Knuckles Chaotix (JU) [!] perfectly fine. But when I tried running a prototype build of Knuckles Chaotix from Sonic Retro on the stable 1.0.0.2 retroarch,it failed to run.

There is a feature in Kega Fusion called “Fast 32X Timing” which makes these proto builds run properly. Is there any chance an equivalent of that feature can be added to the Picodrive Core?

Kega Fusion uses a bunch of game specific hacks to get certain 32X games to work, but since it’s closed source other developers can’t benefit from that. Your best bet would be contacting the author of PicoDrive (notaz) directly about this. Try opening an issue report here https://github.com/notaz/picodrive/issues?state=open

Picodrive isnt a very good emulator has a lot of inaccurate audio emulation and some games dont play as they are ment to, some examples trying playing…

Afterburner 2 (Megadrive) - Audio is completely messed up Master Of Darkness (Master System) - you cant die Stella Assault (32X) - constant hissing noise Darxide (32X) - crackling sound every time you fire

this is just playing around with the emulator for 30 minutes, there are loads of other games that have inaccurate audio to mention but yeah its not great, GenPlus-GX wipes the floor with it…only downside is it doesnt support 32x games

Another issue is that trying to rewind on a 32x game causes it to freeze. If someone can contact Steve Snake and ask about the 32x game fixes and if he can release only that part,or maybe even asking for him to make the patch on Picodrive himself. It would be really nice if Kega Fusion was open source and could alse be ported to Android,such powerful framerates compared to all other emulators. The fact it can reach over 1,000 fps on some computers makes me really want to see how fast it can run on Android.

I don’t think Steve Snake is even active anymore, and if he were, I doubt he would contribute anything to an open source emulator.

Yeah,it really sucks,his last reply on his twitter was in October 2014. So he is not active anywhere since then,that I know of.