Sega Dreamcast Playlist not working

Hi, I am a Retroarch Newbie and I am loving this App. (What is the best way to donate a few bucks?)

I have a Problem with the latest Android Build on my Nvidia Shield (Android)

I cannot Dreamcast Rom’s (GDI) to a Playlist. The Folder-Scan is very slow and no Files are appearing in the Playlist.

I can manually add a File and the Game appears in the Playlist but Retroarch is not able to open this File with Reicast Core.

Is this a Bug or am I to stupid?

Thank you!

My Playlist File has this Content:

/storage/SERVER/Daten/Files/Emulatoren/Sortiert/Sega Dreamcast/Games/18 Wheeler - American Pro Trucker (Europe) (En,Fr,De,Es)/18 Wheeler - American Pro Trucker (Europe) (En,Fr,De,Es) (Track 1).bin
18 Wheeler - American Pro Trucker (Europe) (En,Fr,De,Es)
/data/user/0/com.retroarch/cores/reicast_libretro_android.so
Reicast
A559DEF4|crc
Sega - Dreamcast.lpl
/storage/SERVER/Daten/Files/Emulatoren/Sortiert/Sega Dreamcast/Games/4 Wheel Thunder (Europe) (En,Fr)/4 Wheel Thunder (Europe) (En,Fr) (Track 01).bin
4 Wheel Thunder (Europe) (En,Fr)
DETECT
DETECT
C67F9D00|crc
Sega - Dreamcast.lpl
/storage/SERVER/Daten/Files/Emulatoren/Sortiert/Sega Dreamcast/Games/90 Minutes - Sega Championship Football (Europe) (En,Fr,De,Es,It)/90 Minutes - Sega Championship Football (Europe) (En,Fr,De,Es,It) (Track 1).bin
90 Minutes - Sega Championship Football (Europe) (En,Fr,De,Es,It)
DETECT
DETECT
1AE2CDCF|crc
Sega - Dreamcast.lpl

The playlist looks okay… Can you load the games if you do ‘load core’ -> ‘load content’?

Games won’t scan unless they match our databases, which are mostly based on No-Intro and Redump hashes, but it’s not a big deal, as long as you can play them with ‘load content’. I personally don’t use any playlists except for the history one.

Same here. The very same problem. I posted a tutorial how to easily create a Dreamcast playlist for Reatroarch in Linux. As I’m a new user, it was not published yet. When it is I’ll create a topic for that. Maybe it helps you too.

Thank you Benga-Lee for your respsone.

Can you load the ROM’s with Reicast Core by opening the Playlist?

I always get an Error “Failed to load content”.

From that playlist I can see that you are trying to open the .bin files when in fact you should be opening the .gdi files.

Hi. I had the same issue.Ilike to browse my playlists in order to choose the game I will play so the “load content” option was not for me. I solved making a playlist manually. You need to open the desktop menu > Right-click in the playlist list > New playlist > name it as “Sega Dreamcast”. Select the new playlist “Sega Dreamcast”> right-click in content area and the in add content and add it manually, you can add multiple files at once.