Set core options without a game loaded?

Is there a way to set a core’s options without loading a game? I apparently screwed up PPSSPP and it crashes when I load a game so I need to reset it.

No, you’ll just need to open your retroarch-core-options.cfg with a text editor and delete the ppsspp lines. You can also just move that file somewhere else and it will blank out all of your core options.

Thanks that should do it. There really should be a way to load a core and go to its options before you load a game.

Yeah, the problem is that, when you load the core to initialize the options, if there’s a bad option that causes it to crash, it’ll crash!

That’s my point exactly. Right now you have to load a game first to get to the options. If you’ve borked a setting like I have, you now have no way to fix it from RA. If you could access the settings independently and/or reset them, it would alleviate this issue.

Forgive me for my ignorance, but in other emulators you can set options without loading a game first. I would have guessed that loading a core would allow you to change its options, but apparently you have to load a game as well.

So the core can’t be loaded without a game, am I understanding that correctly?