Settings not saved / How to hide the menu

First of all, thanks for RetroArch, great work!

I have some questions, but didn’t want to create several threads, so I will put them all inside here. Some background information, I use RetroArch mainly with the PCSX ReARMed core and I have a Xiaomi Note 3 phone. I’m using the latest stable RetroArch version.

Things I do in the menu aren’t saved. I created a “system”-folder within the RetroArch folder and put the relevant BIOS files inside. The program is able to find it, But once I close and restart the app, the BIOS folder is not specified anymore and I have to set it up again.

I would like to have less UI within the game. I refer to the seven buttons in the middle during the game, which certainly are useful, but anyway, I rarely need them. I guess one can turn them off in the “User Interface” menu, when turning off “Menubar”? But when I turn it off, and this is related to the first problem, the changes are not saved.

Also, is it possible to change the controller, for example to SCPH1080 (PS1 Joypad)? (or is it necessary to provide the file oneself, like the BIOS files) If not, is it possible to resize the buttons of the RetroPad (especially for: Up / Down / Left / Right and A / B / X / Y)?

Sorry for asking that many questions!

How are you exiting? RetroArch only writes changes to the config file when you exit via the “quit retroarch” menu option, so if you’re just exiting with the home button, for example, it never gets written to file.

Everything that appears over the screen during a game is part of the overlay. You can choose other overlays in settings > onscreen overlay. Changing the size/positions of the buttons has to be done through a text editor and is not particularly easy. It can be done, though, if you don’t mind getting your hands dirty.