Settings not saving

==UPDATE==

ISSUE WITH CURRENT BUILD,FIXED IN NIGHTLY

found out from searching another post that it’s a bug and fixed in the nightly.

And indeed it is fixed in the nightly,i loaded up,changed my settings,then i exited closed retroarch before loading up any rom,it seemed to exit properly,then loaded back up and my settings were saved (i did not need to manually save settings) yey !!! Thank you Retroarch developer !!!

Hello

I am a big fan or your work on retroarch and have been using it for a while now on android but have had quite a few problems with the last few builds however the new one is nicer and cleaner and is a big step in the right direction and i am sure it will only get better however currently i am unable to save the default retroarch settings,i have tried many things and changing directories but it never ever saves the settings when i load it back up. I start by changing many options for video,controls mapping,directories for roms and turning off the overlay,all is fine and i can load up a rom,again at this point i am happy,everything is doing what it used to do,then when i quit and try to load another rom all settings have reverted back to default including the rom directory.

From here i have tried changing the path,then changing all my settings again and saving before loading a rom then quitting retroarch,i have also tried changing settings,loading up a rom,then quitting retroarch but nothing will work,i have also tried changing all settings and turning off load auto cfg but this also does not do anything and i am at a loss as to what to do to get it to save.

One of the things i can do is,save the cfg to sd,and then load that cfg back up manually and it works but once i close a core it defaults again.

I am using a galaxy s4 rooted,have tried saving cfg to sd and internal (emulated sd) = i have read that i must make sure i clean exit from retroarch but i find this a problem as i choose exit/quit and i drop back to the phone ui however retro arch is always running in the background,it did this with the older releases too and i find it does this with most all apps on my phone so i do not know if i am closing the app properly but it should be ?

Any help would be very much appreciated thanks

Paddy