SF2:HF Virtual Boy Demo working

OK, so I dont know if anyone knows this, but apparently, there is a Homebrew Virtual Boy Rom that Mr. Anonymous is/was making of Street Fighter 2 Hyper Fighting. It is supposed to be only able to run in an actual VB System, or you need a Emu that can be able to run it somehow. Well, it seems RetroArch from GooglePlay can run it :smiley: . Using my Shield Portable, had to kind of remap the Buttons a bit so that the L and R Buttons are X and Y since L is Punch and R is Kick and the A/B Buttons do nothing. So you just have L, R, and Start. When the Screen comes up saying it is a Demo, just press Start and it should start up for you. Forgot where I got the Demo, but it is around :smiley:

Ah, that’s awesome. How complete is it?

Btw, I just finished working on a shader that converts mednafen-vb-libretro’s anaglyph 3D to side-by-side for use with VR headsets like google cardboard if you want the full 3D effect. It also works with the ol’ crosseyed 3D trick :wink:

Since it is the Demo, it only has 4 Stages. The Game itself is complete…but only on a Game Cart apparently. The Dev made this as a VB Homebrew so it is not Official. But even though it has been out for a while, have yet to see it online.

So the 3D Effect, would it work with the older Red/Cyan Glasses? Still got a Pair somewhere. LOL

Sure, that’s built-in as a core option. Mainline mednafen has a bunch of other 3D options, like side-by-side, etc. but those weren’t included in the libretroization because it would have complicated some things. So, I wrote a shader that translates the anaglyph to side-by-side for VR headsets. If you actually have anaglyph glasses lying around, just use those without the shader :slight_smile:

AWESOME!!! :smiley: VERY great work by the way.

There is one kind of big problem though with RetroArch and the Shield Portable. You go to close the Lid, then reopen later…Locked up.