Shader inside the GUI?

I would like to use a specific shader inside the GUI, but I don’t know how to activate it. I only see either no shader or linear filter.

I only know how to activate shaders in loaded core/content, but not in the GUI.

The only shader that works in the GUI is the built-in ribbon shader that’s in the background. You can’t add background shaders at runtime.

I thought to use a shader like sabr to smoothen the font edges. If its not possoble, I’ll have to stick to the blocky font.

Thanks.

Which menu driver are you using? if GLUI or XMB, your fonts should be crisp and antialiased.

I’m using rgui, since glui, xmb and zarch just crash Retroarch with the error “Segmentation fault”.

I installed extra packets for glui and xmb, don’t know why it still doesn’t work. I also updated assets, no change.

I installed the following packstes on Arch Linux with pacman: retroarch and retroarch-assets-xmb. I installed glui from AUR with yaourt.

Hmm, you shouldn’t need extra packets for GLUI or XMB. They’re built into the main program. Can you run ‘retroarch --features’ from a command line?

retroarch --features

Features: LibretroDB: LibretroDB support: yes Command: Command interface support: yes Network Command: Network Command interface support: yes SDL: SDL input/audio/video drivers: no SDL2: SDL2 input/audio/video drivers: yes X11: X11 input/video drivers: yes wayland: Wayland input/video drivers: yes Threads: Threading support: yes Vulkan: Vulkan video driver: yes OpenGL: OpenGL video driver support: yes OpenGL ES: OpenGLES video driver support: no XVideo: Video driver: yes UDEV: UDEV/EVDEV input driver support: yes EGL: Video context driver: yes KMS: Video context driver: yes OpenVG: Video context driver: no CoreAudio: Audio driver: no ALSA: Audio driver: yes OSS: Audio driver: no
Jack:
Audio driver: no
RSound: Audio driver: no RoarAudio: Audio driver: no PulseAudio: Audio driver: yes DirectSound: Audio driver: no XAudio2: Audio driver: no OpenAL: Audio driver: yes OpenSL: Audio driver: no 7zip: 7zip extraction support: yes zlib: .zip extraction support: yes External: External filter and plugin support: yes Cg: Fragment/vertex shader driver: no GLSL: Fragment/vertex shader driver: yes HLSL: Fragment/vertex shader driver: yes libxml2: libxml2 XML parsing: yes SDL_image: SDL_image image loading: no rpng: PNG image loading/encoding: yes rjpeg: JPEG image loading: yes FBO: OpenGL render-to-texture (multi-pass shaders): yes Dynamic: Dynamic run-time loading of libretro library: yes FFmpeg: On-the-fly recording of gameplay with libavcodec: yes FreeType: TTF font rendering driver: yes CoreText: TTF font rendering driver (for OSX and/or iOS): no Netplay: Peer-to-peer netplay: yes Python: Script support in shaders: no Libusb: Libusb support: yes Cocoa: Cocoa UI companion support (for OSX and/or iOS): no QT: QT UI companion support: no AVFoundation: Camera driver: no Video4Linux2: Camera driver: yes

Hmm, dunno what to tell you. That all looks okay.

I guess you could get a backtrace out of gdb to see what’s actually causing the segfault.

I removed retroarch-1.3.6-1 and installed retroarch-git-1.3.6.r1888.9561b55-1 through yaourt/AUR.

Now rgui, glui and xmb work.

Thank you for your help.