Shader settings not saving

Hey ya’ll

Running windows 7, the latest nightly and glsl shaders. I can’t seem to get my shader settings to stick. I set up lottes how i want it and then save it as the core preset and even the game preset. The next time i load up the game my shader settings have disappeared and i have to set it up again from scratch.

Any ideas?

You’ll have to set up the settings the way you like them in the ‘menu shader parameters’ menu (i.e., not the ‘preview shader parameters’ menu) and then use ‘save shader preset’ to save those settings to a file, then load that preset using ‘load shader preset’ (<- dunno if that last part is necessary but it’s probably good to be safe) and then save core/game preset.

Was there a specific reason why Maister made two separate menus for shader parameters? It seems like it would be best just to have one parameter menu that can both change the parameters in real time without recompiling the shaders and also be able to save those changed parameters to a preset file when “Apply Shader Changes” or “Save Shader Preset” is selected. The menu seems to remember what you changed in “Preview Shader Parameters” after you close the menu anyway.

He did have a reason but I can’t remember what it is at the moment, and he agreed the current behavior was a stupid workaround but the only way he could think of to make it update live and save-able.