Shaders for Retroarch 1.0.0.2 on PS3

New version!

Now I’ve managed to port two blazing fast bicubic shaders described here: cubic shaders in 4 samples only!

Added:

1. b-spline-fast.cg (a blazing fast bicubic shader which only needs 4 texture fetches! It’s at least 3x faster than current bicubic-fast.cg shader) ;

2. catmull-rom-fast.cg (it needs only 9 texture fetches! It’s faster than bicubic-fast.cg)

3. Added an optimized super-xbr-small-details-sharper-fast preset (now genesis-plus runs at full speed with this shader combo!)

ps3-shaders-v11

1 Like

Finally I figured out how to run some of the xbr multipass shaders on RA 1.0.0.2 for PS3!

Version 12 is here: ps3-shaders-v12

What’s new:

• Added smart-blur shader (it’s very good as a last shader. Use the preset below with xbr-accuracy);
  • Added sgenpt-mix and checkerboard dithering shaders (I had to separate in two, because on PS3 you can’t change parameters on RA 1.0.0.2 on the fly);
  • Added xbr-lv2-multipass, xbr-lv3-multipass and xbr-lv2-accuracy-multipass;
  • Added super-xbr-p3-rounded shaders (if you like rounded pixels);
  • Tweaked super-xbr-small-detail shades a bit for better accuracy;
  • Added presets for nedi-super-xbr, sgenpt-mix-crt, checkerboard-crt, xbr-lv2-accuracy-smart-blur;
  • Some tweaks on crt-hyllian to enhance scanlines/colors (old version was too saturated).
1 Like

What did you need to change?

You just need to delete the line on the preset with “framebuffer” on it. Even if it’s set to FALSE, it isn’t recognized by the PS3. The only one that I could’nt make to work was the mlv4. That’s because this old RA version doesn’t support previous passes, except if the previous one is the ORIG one.

1 Like

It seems the ancient bug preventing the PS3 from running multipass shaders is gone:

I’m looking forward for the new PS3 version to test this. If yes, I’ll abandon Retroarch 1.0.0.2 for good!

2 Likes

Nice to see that work done!

Please can you reupload (ps3-shaders-v12) to another server?Thanks in advance.

Here’s a new link. And this time it includes two new shaders:

Added ddt-xbr-lv1 and super-xbr-3p-final.

ps3-shaders-release-22-07-31.zip

2 Likes

Worked on most shaders to work with current Retroarch CE (which is slower than 1.0.0.2).

Added:

• b-spline (multipass shader very fast);
  • bicubic-fast (multipass shader very fast);
  • lanczos3-fast (multipass shader very fast);
  • crt-hyllian-pvm (multipass too);
  • super-xbr now comes in only three flavors: fast, small-details and vanilla;

I’ve changed how most shaders are upscaled. For example, 4xSoft now uses b-spline multipass to upscale from 4x to screen viewport. So, 4xSoft never looked so good! The same applies to: 2xsal, super-2xsai, advanceaa, 2xScaleHq, 4xScaleHq and xBR family.

ps3-shaders-22-08-06.zip

2 Likes

I logged after so much time just to say “Thank you”.

1 Like

Hello Hyllian, I can’t download the pack. Could you upload it again please?

Thank you very much in advance.

Hi hyllian, great job with the shaders, I’m using version 8 because the link for 12 is offline, could you upload it again, thanks.

Here is the last pack I worked last year with some additions to v12. I can name it v13.

What’s new:

• Added crt-nobody (a very fast crt shader);
  • Added retro-tiles (a good shader for handheld systems);
  • Added preset crt-nobody-sharpsmooth (a bonus combining crt and sharpsmooth);
  • Added checkerboard-dedither;
  • Added preset crt-nobody-dedither to use with genesis games plagued with dithering;
  • Added ddt-xbr-lv1;
  • Update crt-hyllian;
  • Added crt-hyllian-sinc;
  • Added crt-hyllian-sharpsmooth.

PS3 shaders v13 (link2)

OBS: Tested on Retroarch CE edition. This is the last one that work on PS3. No idea if all of them work on 1.0.0.2. If you still need v12, get here.

3 Likes