Shaders / scanlines on PC games

I’ve noticed shaders don’t seem to work correctly on certain PC games such as Curse Of Monkey Island (ScummVM) and Doom. I think it’s because these games originally ran at a higher resolution on PC monitors than older consoles which output for TV.

Is there a way to correct this so scanlines and effects display properly as they do on other systems? I know these games usually look better without filters being PC titles but it’s still good to have the option to switch.

Thanks

It depends on the shader and the look you’re going for. Crt-lottes looks pretty good on 640x480 PC games, IMO.

Some of the shaders are designed around standard broadcast signals, so when they see ~480 vertical res, they switch to interlacing simulation mode, where they mimic the flickering scanlines of an interlaced signal. You’ll probably want to avoid this.

Yeah Crt-lottes does the same thing and arches the scanlines on PC based games. No fix then for this if want the scanline appearance? The scanline overlay way of displaying them looks fine, but I map filters to a button so can switch between pixelated and crt look.