SHIELD Android TV opinions?

I’m looking to pick one up via it’s Black Friday discount and i’d like to know how well it performs, specifically with bleeding-edge MAME, BSNES/Higan, and everything else in RA.

The newest MAME Roms won’t work(Crusin World, Tekken, Motral Kombat 4 all won’t work). They’ve also broken the core by disabling save state and core input-mapping.

yeah we broke it just so you get pissed. NO

We haven’t implemented serialization nor input remapping in the core, it’s a WHOLE DIFFERENT THING than… “They’ve also broken” Also Tekken Tag works fine I tried.

Regarding the OP, MAME should work fine, rom handling is a bit difficult, you need to know around the core. BSNES perf should work fine. We don’t have the other profiles available for android yet.

Why would anyone want to play MK4 on MAME…play it on N64 or PS1

didn’t mean to bust anyones balls, just, OP asked about ‘bleeding edge’. I loved the MAME 2010 core that’s listed on the wiki, and it’s gone. Had everything I wanted… I’ve requested it to no avail. Note: Also games like XMen VS Street Fighter kinda don’t work in MAME/ FBA/ UME because for some reason it doesn’t take hp/ hk at the same time to switch characters or hp/ mp at the same time to do supers. I don’t know why this has stopped working. (Shield Controller/ Asus Gamepad) I seriously love you guys and don’t want to bust anyones balls- I’ve been following MAME since the late 90’s when I had it on my Macintosh Performa and lately I’ve given up just a bit.

This is being offered as a cyber monday deal for $150 on Amazon if anyone (like me) missed out on the black friday deal this past week. Just got one, so I’ll have another Android device to test on.

I haven’t really messed with the arcade emulators yet on the Shield TV, but most everything else I’ve thrown at it so far runs great: SNES, Genesis, GBA, TG-16, and older all run great. N64 is a bit spotty, but the same goes for PC emulators too (from my experience). Haven’t done much with the PS1 emulator yet, but I’ve played through most of Tomba! on there with no issues so far. Again, given my personal experience on the PC side of things, I’d expect some hit-and-miss here too (PS1).

All of this was done while running the easymode-halation shaders.

PSX with the bios runs fantastically.

Can you install this via the play store or do you have to sideload? Can’t find retroarch in the play store.