Shield controller and menu keybindings (not ingame)

Is there some way to change the keybindings for the menu only?

Im happy with the auto config on my Shield TV with the shield remote, all keys are where they should be as far as ingame, PS1, Snes, NES etc.

But if i go into settings and bind the keys so that “Cross” (playstation laoyout) will be “Yes” option and “Circle” will be “No” option in the Retroarch menu system so that it will be the same as the rest of the system then my bindings for every emulator changes to, and those works just fine with auto config, (and not so fine with changed buttons…).

Is there some way to fix this without having to setup each emulators core input config override just to have the 2 buttons swap in the menu?

Not via GUI. We wanted the menu keys to be hardcoded to retropad so we n get added such an option. Recently I made this configurable in the cfg file. Just invert the values for menu_ok and menu_cancel

That freaking awsome, just what i was looking for, was not sure where I’d look but i thought it might be something like that, it worked perfect, many thanks, :slight_smile: