Shield Tablet Problems

I saw the news about the new version and wanted to try it out due to the fact no previous versions have worked on my nVidia Shield Tablet. All of the previous versions would load the menu fine, but as soon as I loaded any ROM for any CORE it would freeze up.

So I was anticipating problems with this new build and problems I have found. When I first started RetroArch I couldn’t find any CORES and I don’t see any option to download them in the ‘settings’ screens. Also, when I load RetroArch I get a black screen with some icons and the overlay of the buttons, but when I press the " < " (back) button nothing happens. I have to kill the program and run it again to be able to load the minimal GUI, but then I’m faced with the same problem of having no CORES to select.

What am I doing wrong or is this version borked like the previous ones were?

We should have just killed the entire Android Java menu with the 1.2 release. Truth is that getting the release out on that specific date took preference over testing last minute changes. Dont use any of the Java based menu options, all of that will be removed because I dont feel like maintaining crappy parts of the code that is not a real part of the main codebase. In the next 1.2.1 version youll see this entire menu gone, it will drop you straight into RA instead.

rather than having custom launcher UIS for every platform, our time is better spent having one universal look across all platforms and having all users learn to use that common set of GUIs.