Shield TV + SFC30 controller issues

Im having a few problems with my new 8bitdo SFC30.

I have got a little confused but the sfc30 doesnt seem to like controlling the RetroArch menu especially if I have used the Nvidia controller.

I noticed the Autoconfig button ID’s are the pretty much the same.

Anyone have both a Nvidia and SFC30 controller working together & any tips/limitations for use please

I have both, I will try if I have time.

Be sure to use “All users control the menu” in Input Settings.

Then update the firmware of your SFC30, there is a tool in 8bitdo forums for that.

Finally, update joypad configs in RetroArch.

Also, be sure to try more than one mode http://www.8bitdo.com/sfc30/manual.html

Thanks for the help

I had a quick test (without updating my firmware)

Can’t find the setting for “all users controll menu” under Settings->input (Im on 1.3.6 playstore version)

Example of the problem:-

I open RA from Shield with my SFC30 and it controls the menu fine (the Nvidia controller does not) Opposite if I open the app using Nvidia controller

Whatever controller I use first registers as device #0

I bound the Nvidia controller to Input user 2 & those stuck ok.

I’m about to make the swap to using Overrides and wanted to lockdown my default retroarch.cfg. I will hold off until I get a “roadmap to success” sorted in my head.

Can I lock the binds for Input User 1 and Input user 2 because right now it seems to override depending on what controller I use first.

I want to lock the Nvidia controller as Player 1 and SCF30 as Player 2. Then for some games or maybe core I want to override those so SFC30 is Player 1 and Nvidia is Player 2. (Mario games mainly)

Ok don’t use the playstore version, get F-Droid and install RetroArch from there. 1.3.6 is old now. The new version will let you set All Users Controll the Menu, which will fix your problem.

1 Like

Thanks for the help,

finally updated to 1.4.0 stable and was very smooth transition. both nvidia and scf30 controllers are working well.

is it possible to override Input hotkeys? I cant get it to work.