Should Retroarch look like this on a 4K display?

Hello,

I was wondering if Retroarch should look like this on a 4K display.

As you can tell, it looks very blurry. I have 2 monitors, one at 3440 x 1440 and one at 3840 x 2160 with the 4K being the primary.

I tried changing in the retroarch.cfg video_fullscreen_x = “3840” video_fullscreen_y = “2160”

but that didn’t seem to affect the window at all, and it seems to reset to 0 and 0 sometimes. any ideas?

Thank you so much!

yeah, retroartch menu is optimized for 1080p only (GUI icons are bitmaps not vectors) so they are blown up 2x showing pixels

Gotcha, the reason I ask is because even the text looks kinda blurry.

The icons and text definitely look better and more properly scaled on my 3440 x 1440 display.

I feel like I’m having a similar issue to here Retroarch always runs in 720p, even on a 4K display

No way, i have been testing the asset size and they are 1:1 in 4k screens, and text looks sharp The assets are 256x256pixels at 4k (UHD really) this turns out 1:1 for the biggest item, and 2:1 for the smaller one In 1080p they are 2:1 and 4:1 respectively, which should scale very well.

At 2160p

At 1080p

I should note that the weird banding it’s because i was testing colors (this was electric blue, but it happens with all of them)