Show filled state slots in menu (time stamps)

Hi I’m having an issue with Retroarch on my tablet that I’m hopeful can be fixed in future updates. For games like Castlevania 4 I make a save state for each game over screen in each level. Now the problem is with so many save states it hard to keep track of what slots are filled and what slots are empty.

In the windows Retroarch I can go into config and enable “savestate_thumbnail_enable = "true””. Now I do have to go into the config to do this (no why to do it the frontend) and Retroarch saves the thumbnail as a separate file instated on integrating it into the state file itself (why?) but at least it something I can work with.

I don’t’ really need thumbnails I just use them as a way to tell what slots are filled and what slots are not. But in the android version I have no way of knowing. I have tried the windows method of “savestate_thumbnail_enable = "true””. And while it does generate the thumbnail file it does not show up in the menu. Plus with storage space being far more precious on mobile devices I don’t’ think it’s a good idea to be relying on thumbnails. Instead it would be a lot better for the menu to look for all the state files and display the files time stamp for all the slots that are filled. If the slot is empty no time stamp if it’s filled show the time stamp simple right?

And maybe if the folks doing the windows version could implement this as well that would be grate though not as necessary the why it is in android.