Shutdown Windows when exiting RetroArch

Hi,

I recently built a Windows 10 mini PC with RetroArch on it, since I couldn’t get Lakka to run properly. I created my own Windows shell, to boot directly into RetroArch. The only thing left is that I shutdown Windows when RetroArch is closed.

I didn’t find any useful tutorials on the internet, so I thought, maybe someone here has already some experience with it? I heard something about creating a scheduled task in Windows and listening to the event log, but they didn’t provide a step by step guide to follow.

So, does anyone here have an idea how to shutdown Windows 10 when RetroArch is being closed?

something like this would seem to do it: https://www.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/auto-shutdown-pc-when-any-application-closes-or-stops-playing-audio/

Thank you. That actually would be nice but the download link is somehow broken?

It would be nice if RetroArch supported custom additional behaviour on various actions like shutdown, restart etc.

So, are you using a script to launch RetroArch? If so, I guess you could just add a shutdown command that’s dependent on RetroArch completing successfully. In linux CLI, that’s achieved with the double-ampersand &&. Dunno about Windows CLI.