Simultaneous device on the same port

Hi all, retroarch noob here and I have one question about how simultaneous controller behave in retroarch.

Not seen any post about it except old one saying this is not possible at the moment so wondering if this is still the case (not found any reference in documentation).

Bit of context: I am moving my old cab from ‘hyperspin|rocketlauncher|many emu emulator’ to ‘launchbox|retroarc’ for configuration easiness, centralization along with unified emulator interface in the cab (which is by the way brilliant). I use 4 controllers :

• u360 ultimarc USB joystick (player one)
  • u360 ultimarc USB joystick (player two)
  • gp-wizz40 (controlling all push button of the cab)
  • ice-T trackball (for old school mame gab / spinner)

So for every game I need to configure the stick and button (gp_wizz) for port 1 input but the index only allow selecting one device. Is there any way to go around this ? And use both for port 1 ?

Off course I could go the hard way by setting control in joy2key and use this ‘unified controller’ within retroarch but want to make sure there is no other way as joy2key is sometimes problematic and crnaky

Many emulator implementated as CORE fully support multiple device as input 1 and I think I am missing something if I cannot do this trough retroarch directly.

Any advice or documentation link on this ?

Thank you.

The only way to have 2 devices on one port is if one is a keyboard and one is a gamepad. Otherwise, you’ll need to do something like joy2key. So, you’re on the right track :slight_smile:

Thank you for the answer, guess I’ll keep rocketlauncher between launchbox and retroarch for now in order ot centralize joy2key profile.