Since 1.7.2 and 1.7.3 Retroarch Version, Shaders cant be up by 0.01

Hi! Since 1.7.2 and 1.7.3 Retroarch Version, Shaders option like contrast, luminance cant be up by increment of 0.01 like before. Only by 0.10. Its a problem for me. All my preset was saved using 0.01 increment. so i cant modified them anymore because the jump is by 0.10 Can you help me guys? Is it possible to rollback to 0.01 increment in next retroarch version?Thanks

That’s weird, but yeah, confirmed. Can you make an issue about it at the RetroArch github repo?

1 Like

yes i could, but how i do this. im sorry i dont know

edit: i got it i can do it there:

https://github.com/join?

return_to=%2Flibretro%2FRetroArch%2Fissues%2Fnew

BUT i unable to create a account. i tried with different devices, browser and email adress. it always: " they were problems creating your account"

LoL, its not my best day :wink:

ok, no problem. I’ll open one for you.

1 Like

Thanks a lot! I did try hard! LoL!

Actually, it seems that luminance is set to only step at 0.1. Some of the other parameters with a smaller step still seem to work fine for me. So, I guess I can’t reproduce this. Can you check whether ‘zoom’, which has a step of 0.01, works for you at that step?

1 Like

Zoom and Black level work at 0.01 in 1.7.3 But in 1.7.3 Saturation, luminance, and Contrast don’t work at 0.01. But the 3 of Them work at 0.01 in Retroarch 1.7.1. But they dont work at 0.01 in 1.7.2 and 1.7.3 ( I just tested all of them… i think Brightness Boost work at 0.01 too in 1.71, but i dont use it anymore , all others options seem ok, i tested them. I cant remember if color red green Blue were 0.01 too, i dont use Them anymore, IT was useful in my Xperia xz1. But i use my p10 plus right now.

DOUBLE POST error, im sorry. Zoom and Black level work at 0.01 in 1.7.3 But in 1.7.3 Saturation, luminance, and Contrast don’t work at 0.01. But the 3 of Them work at 0.01 in Retroarch 1.7.1. But they dont work at 0.01 in 1.7.2 and 1.7.3 ( I just tested all of them… i think Brightness Boost work at 0.01 too in 1.71, but i dont use it anymore , all others options seem ok, i tested them. I cant remember if color red green Blue were 0.01 too, i dont use Them anymore, IT was useful in my Xperia xz1. But i use my p10 plus right now.

https://ufile.io/zz4so

Check my shader file. Saturation 0.01 and Luminance 0.01

Thanks a lot

Saturation and luminance are both 0.1 in the official repo version:

You may be using a modified version with smaller steps than the official version.

1 Like

By the way, Thanks a lot for your help and time.

Its strange… Is it 1.71 retroarch version that you just show me ? Thanks for answer.

That’s just the one from the shader repo. It’s not connected to a specific RetroArch version.

1 Like

Ok, i understand. Please if possible, try the original official Retroarch 1.7.1. i always downloaded the official version, im not lying. Thanks. Its very Strange :wink:

Note: Yesterday i reinstalled the Retroarch 1.71 from libretro web site. I downloaded the Stable Android Retroarch version 1.7.1, it works for 0.01 increment for Saturation and Luminance. Just to let you know, i use a Bluetooth ipega 9017s controller while changing options

I believe you :slight_smile:

It looks like very older versions of the shader had some parameters with 0.01 steps instead of 0.1. You can always use that older version with newer versions of RetroArch. Just copy the old image-adjustment.glsl file over into the new installation.

1 Like

Cool! I Will do it , im rooted. Thanks for the tip

On a related sidenote Hunter, one helpful tweak to RA I might suggest if you guys find time to squeeze it in is increase the speed at which you can dial up the increments in shaders. I.E. if I dial up Saturation for 1.0 all the way to 2.0, it is very slow as it ticks up with every .01 number. I know you don’t want it to be too fast as it would be very sensitive to directional input but it is pretty slow right now. It’s more noticeable on shaders like color-mangler which have tinier increments for refinement.

Yeah, it would be nice if there were acceleration…

If you’re not aware of it, you might check out the reshade/LUT shader, which would let you tweak things in Photoshop and then load the resulting LUT to apply those same tweaks to the live image.

I am, been experiment alot with palettes for the next shader pack :slight_smile:

1 Like