Sixaxis controller in RA Wii

Hi guys,

Hey do you know what I need to do to get a Dual Shock 3 controller with RA Wii?

I compiled the code (enabling LIBSICKSAXIS in the makefile) and then it appear an option in RA related to Sixaxis controller but still not working. Do you know if I need to pair the controller because none if the leds is on, it is connected innto the usb port as I know lib is used with the controller connected but I cannot make it work. Is there a way to get the wii bluetooth MAC Address so I can config my controller to have the wii as master?

Thanks!

I don’t know if there were any instructions posted anywhere for this, I didn’t see any at wiibrew. I got it to work with the first version of LIBSICKSAXIS. I haven’t tried it with the latest release though. Not sure if this will work for you.

Plug in your PS3 controller to the Wii/Wii U usb port.
Launch the emulator and load a rom, using your Wii remote.
After the rom has loaded, press the PS button on the PS3 controller to turn it on.
Now press the "+" and "-" buttons on the Wii remote at the same time.
You should see LED 1 if your PS3 controller is found.
That should get it working.

Press "1" and "2" at the same time to disconnect the PS3 controller.
If you want to play a different rom, you first need to disconnect the PS3 controller, then end your game, load a different rom and reconnect the PS3 controller.

[QUOTE=stomp_442;24931]I don’t know if there were any instructions posted anywhere for this, I didn’t see any at wiibrew. I got it to work with the first version of LIBSICKSAXIS. I haven’t tried it with the latest release though. Not sure if this will work for you.

After the rom has loaded, press the PS button on the PS3 controller to turn it on.

If you want to play a different rom, you first need to disconnect the PS3 controller, then end your game, load a different rom and reconnect the PS3 controller.[/QUOTE]

hi Stomp_442, Yes I know that. However the lib as it is now is really slow and the process to make it work dont worth it. However I have good news, I have worked on this and I rewrote the entire libsicksaxis library and now it is working perfectly.

I will be adding support for this on the nightlies shortly so everyone can use this feature. Stay tunned :slight_smile:

Thanks for replying!

Ah, sounds great! Twinaphex had looked into it previously and came to the same conclusion that it wasn’t worth it. I’m glad to hear you’ve got something better in the pipeline :slight_smile:

Yep I already have it working for 1.0.0.2, I’m porting it to the latest version of RA within the weekend :slight_smile:

Does the Sixasis library have any HID code that can be used? I have a homemade joystick that is longing to be used with Retroarch. :smiley:

Workmanship like this deserves some Retroarch action. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

[QUOTE=barnard;25587]Does the Sixasis library have any HID code that can be used? I have a homemade joystick that is longing to be used with Retroarch. :smiley:

Workmanship like this deserves some Retroarch action. ;-P[/QUOTE]

Very nice work! Unfortunately the current support is just for the sixaxis (ps3) controller in Wii. But, I think you should be able to use that beauty in WIndows, did you try?

It works brilliantly in Windows, it is a Cthulhu board and is fully HID compliant.

I’ve played around with things such as Groovymame on a PC… but nothing beats wiring up the Wii with an RGB cable and playing on a CRT TV.

[QUOTE=barnard;25593]It works brilliantly in Windows, it is a Cthulhu board and is fully HID compliant.

I’ve played around with things such as Groovymame on a PC… but nothing beats wiring up the Wii with an RGB cable and playing on a CRT TV.[/QUOTE]

That’s great… and I agree a Wii version will be better due the use of a real CRT :slight_smile: I love it… and don’t lose your faith, I heard from the devs here there are future plans to add HID support controllers to RA Wii… :wink:

I’m trying to get ToadKing interested into rewriting the libsicksaxis driver we have now in RetroArch Wii into a full-fledged HID driver (look at input/drivers_hid to see what I mean). This is ultimately the future for HID input device support for RetroArch since it means we can bring several platforms on the same page when it comes to low-level input support: iOS, OSX, Windows, Linux, etc.

Also, as soon as this HID driver would be properly implemented, the DualShock 4 could work too, and maybe the Wii U Gamecube adaptor too. Anyway, let’s see if ToadKing takes up this initiative.

[QUOTE=Twinaphex;25801]I’m trying to get ToadKing interested into rewriting the libsicksaxis driver we have now in RetroArch Wii into a full-fledged HID driver (look at input/drivers_hid to see what I mean). This is ultimately the future for HID input device support for RetroArch since it means we can bring several platforms on the same page when it comes to low-level input support: iOS, OSX, Windows, Linux, etc.

Also, as soon as this HID driver would be properly implemented, the DualShock 4 could work too, and maybe the Wii U Gamecube adaptor too. Anyway, let’s see if ToadKing takes up this initiative.[/QUOTE]

Nintendont already has something based on HID and can support multiple pads using config files. You may want to check it out as a starting point… Or maybe you already have all the ideas and ToadKing just need to put his hand in the keyboard :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=netux79;23633]Hi guys,

Hey do you know what I need to do to get a Dual Shock 3 controller with RA Wii?

I compiled the code (enabling LIBSICKSAXIS in the makefile) and then it appear an option in RA related to Sixaxis controller but still not working. Do you know if I need to pair the controller because none if the leds is on, it is connected innto the usb port as I know lib is used with the controller connected but I cannot make it work. Is there a way to get the wii bluetooth MAC Address so I can config my controller to have the wii as master?

Thanks![/QUOTE]

Please help me, I’ve been trying to find the tutorial on how to do this, but the video doesn’t exist. I’ve been looking for text tutorials on how to do this, but no one posts anything out there, Every site links to the youtube video on oe to do this, but the video no longer exists. I’really appreciate if you could help me :smiley:

I don’t know how to install this, and the video on this exact subject does not exist. I’ve looked up different ways to install this but every site links to that specific video, and no one has a tutorial in text either. I’d appreciate it if you could help me, thank you very much:D

[QUOTE=stomp_442;24931]I don’t know if there were any instructions posted anywhere for this, I didn’t see any at wiibrew. I got it to work with the first version of LIBSICKSAXIS. I haven’t tried it with the latest release though. Not sure if this will work for you.

If you want to play a different rom, you first need to disconnect the PS3 controller, then end your game, load a different rom and reconnect the PS3 controller.[/QUOTE]

I don’t know how to install this, and the video on this exact subject no longer exist. I’ve looked up different ways to install this but every site links to that specific video, and no one has a tutorial in text either. I’d appreciate it if you could help me, thank you very much:D

Are you trying to use a PS3 controller with RA Wii? This exact feature as described in this thread no longer exist in RA Wii. it has been replaced by a more generic approach which also supports the PS3 controllers. Please check this for instructions: http://libretro.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1055&page=4

Well I don’t know what RA stands for, but I have this application on the homebrew channel that allows me to connect my PS3 controller via USB. The application is called “Pair My DS3”. I would like to send you a picture. I have kik, facebook, and Instagram. As I let the application configure my controller text appeared prompting to press “A”. I did and the tool did it’s thing. After 30 seconds or so another text appeared, this time asking me to press the,“HOME” button. After all that I tested it in a game and nothing worked. I Don’t know what else I have to do, and I sure as hell know I can’t buy a pro controller. I’m low on cash. Well in conclusion, if there’s any way to do this please send links, or tell me your kik, facebook, or instagram. I’d like to talk about this, thank you for reading this. :smiley:

RA stands for RetroArch… and I was asking if what you are trying to do is to be able to use a Playstation 3 Controller to play the games in RetroArch Wii… if so, I can tell it is possible and you can achieve it by doing the steps I mentioned in the link from the previous post.

I’m trying to play games on my Wii, like MW3, with a PS3 controller. I have the files but the instructions are gone, the video has been deleted, I can’t find it at all. I used this app that comes with a wiiFlow, well theres a pack that also came with the download called,’‘MasterMod’’.And in there, there was an app called,“Pair My DS3” and “Pair My DS4”. everything configured but thecontroller wouldn’t turn on or connect. I was asking if there was a way to play wii games on the Wii of course, using a PS3 controller. No emulators, just plain old wii games.

Olá ainda não é possivel jogar jogos de wii com o controle do ps3, o “Pair My DS3” and “Pair My DS4” são somente para controlar os menus do wiiflow, até o momento é possivel usar o controle ps3 no nintendont, retroarch depois do 1.2.1 e em um emulador de super nintendo mod para parear o remote com um controle ps3,

RA = Retro Arch

Hello is not possible to play Wii games with control of the PS3, the “Pair My DS3” and “Pair My DS4” are only to control menus wiiflow, yet it is possible to use ps3 control in nintendont, retroarch after in 1.2.1 and a super nintendo emulator mod to pair the remote with a ps3 control,

RA = Retro Arch

Well there are files I have that,'libsixaxis" and those are c++ files, I need instructions on installing them into my soft modded Wii. But besides that, thank you for at least trying to help, I’ll do more research on that.