Slow games CPS3 mame 0.157 libretro

I slowness with CPS3 games in libretro mame 0157. Games like mortal kombat are ok. In version 0155 it did not happen. One could make the libretro version of mame 0155 to retroarch ubuntu? In complex games like mortal kombat ultimate is ok. I would like to have the 0155 version again, but she did not think. It would be a bug in version 0157 ? UBUNTU 14.04 Amd64

Could you specify exactly what games you noticed the slowness? I run Street Fighter III 3rd Strike (Japan, NO CD), and it ran well. Using a core i7 4700HQ.

What hardware are you using? CPU info is welcome.

I’m using a core 2 quad Q8300 [email protected], 4gb ram and a gtx550ti. Only CPS3 and grand master tetris chalenge 2 is slow, the rest are normal. Use the kernel 3.19 and NVIDIA 346.35 proprietary driver, ubuntu 14.04 amd64. In version 0155 that did not occur.

I asked you to specify what cps3 game is slow… whatever, you can compile yourself, it’s not difficult:

sudo apt-get install bzr debhelper devscripts python2.7 python-minimal libqt4-dev-bin qtchooser
bzr branch lp:~libretro/libretro/mame-libretro-0.155
cd mame-libretro-0.155
bzr revert -r 2
debuild -b -uc -us
sudo apt-get purge libretro-mame

These commands will download the source I use for mame in stable PPA, undo the 0.157 commit (so the source will come back to 0.155) and it will generate a .deb package. Double click it to open with the Software Center, or use dpkg -i.

You will have to lock the mame-libretro package in Synaptic, select the libretro-mame, Package --> Lock Version menu, so it will not update with the version from repository.

Edit: You’ll need to change stuff in the debian packaging (delete mame_libretro.info and change rules and dirs), otherwise it’ll conflict with libretro-info package. Best thing is

make -f Makefile.libretro "TARGET=mame"
cp mame_libretro.so /usr/lib/libretro/

instead use debuild.

Very grateful for the answer. I’ll be testing once you are at home. And post the results.

I loved it, it worked. I was very excited. I wonder how do I compile mame 0.156 and 0.158 for retroarch. I would like to try them too. Very grateful for the help. If you have patience would give me the commands to compile these other versions, such as 0156 and 0158 which is the latest released.

I’m getting 86% for one thread, core i7 4700HQ 3.2 GHz, using 0.157 and above. I get only 26% if I use 0.155. Yeah, older computers will slow with 0.157.

[QUOTE=psycopowerr;18756]I loved it, it worked. I was very excited. I wonder how do I compile mame 0.156 and 0.158 for retroarch. I would like to try them too. Very grateful for the help. If you have patience would give me the commands to compile these other versions, such as 0156 and 0158 which is the latest released.[/QUOTE]

You’ll have to download the libretro/mame from Github, go to commits and find the merge closest to the version you want, click in the <> (Browse the repository at this point in the history) and download ZIP. For 0.156, the closest merge for 0.156 (“Cleanups and version bump”, commit ebeaa95, 26 Nov 2014) is commit 1c41ae9. Then:

make -f Makefile.libretro "TARGET=mame"

In the end, you’ll have mame_libretro.so in the folder.

I’m getting 15% with 0.160, better than 0.155.

psycopowerr, could you test it? It’s the last mame core in testing ppa (2015-03-29).