SNES core lag?

Hi everyone. Just wanted to say that I downloaded retroarch and I must say, it’s very impressive. Everything that I’ve played so far runs great and looks great (thanks for the awesome crt shaders!).

Problem I’m having is that every single SNES core I’ve downloaded lags extremely badly on my Android device (Galaxy S5). I think it’s strange because every other cores work laglessly (GBA, PC Engine, Sega CD, NES, Wonderswan, etc.). I tried using no shaders and I also have no filters either. Right now, I’m just using the default setting without messing around with the video and sound setting. Is there anything I can do to make it lagless? I just find it strange that it lags so badly compared to the other cores which are running flawlessly.

By lag, do you mean reduced framerate? Is the audio crackling? We have a lot of SNES cores, most of which are too heavy for mobile devices and are intended for desktop use. However, any of the snes9x cores should work on a modern-ish device, especially the ones followed by a date in the name (the farther back the date, the faster but less accurate the core; e.g., snes9x2010 is faster and less accurate than mainline snes9x, *2005 is faster still, etc.)

I’ve read that Snes9x 2002 is heavily optimized for ARM CPUS ; maybe you should try this one ? (I use it and it’s fast with very few input lag)

Yeah the framerate is pretty low. I didn’t know that the SNES cores would be really heavy. I don’t know, all the other systems work pretty well, so I was caught off guard I guess thinking that SNES would be smooth too.

I kind of got it fixed though. Don’t know what happened, but snes9x (without the date) works pretty well without the lags. I thought it lagged before, but maybe I was mistaking it for bsnes cores. bsnes cores definitely aren’t playable, but snes9x has no problem running every games.

Also, I have another question. Is there a way to delete the cores that I’ve downloaded so that it’s off the list from my menu. I want to get rid of the cores that I’m not going to use (downloaded all the bsnes ones lol), since it just looks clunky with all the cores that I don’t need.

Lastly, is the PC-FX core (mednafen PC-FX) ever going to get updated? Last I checked, the compatibility seems like it’s the same as when it was first added. Forgot when that was, but I tested some games out and most of them are still very glitchy and slow.

Thanks for the advice. Finally got SNES playable just the way I want it! :smiley:

Yeah, I got it working with snes9x regular core. Thanks!

I think mednafen-pc-fx is up-to-date with upstream.

You can’t delete cores through the GUI, but if you’re rooted, you can delete them from /data/data/com.retroarch/cores. Your other option is to uninstall RetroArch and reinstall it, only fetching the handful of cores you want/need.

[QUOTE=hunterk;47664]I think mednafen-pc-fx is up-to-date with upstream.

You can’t delete cores through the GUI, but if you’re rooted, you can delete them from /data/data/com.retroarch/cores. Your other option is to uninstall RetroArch and reinstall it, only fetching the handful of cores you want/need.[/QUOTE]

Ah that’s too bad about mednafen PC-FX. I was hoping that there might’ve been more updated to it. At the moment, no game are really playable. Hoping it gets improved in the coming months.

My device is rooted, so I’ll get rid of it through my file browser. Thanks for all the help!