SNES emulators TERRIBLY laggy

Hi. I have an old LG Optimus Fuel that I dedicated as a RetroArch portable. All other cores I have tried for various machines run perfect, Even Sega Genesis cores run great. But when I go to try any SNES core, such as SNES9x, My smartphone is pushed to it’s very limit and is really laggy. I’ve tried many things, such as disabling V-sync, enabling Hard GPU sync, and even turning the sound buffer up. All has failed. This phone features a 1.2GHz dual core Cortex A7, an Adreno 302, and 512MB RAM. Running KitKat. If anyone knows a way to increase performance with the SNES emulators, Please let me know. Thank you.

1 Like

Try using CatSFC or PocketSNES. Make sure Hard GPU Sync is OFF.

1 Like

I just did a search for both catsfc and pocketsnes, and I cannot seem to find any of those cores.

Those are the old names; PocketSNES = SNES9x 2002, CATSFC = SNES9x 2005 in current nomenclature IIRC.

Just used SNES9x 2005, Works great now, However sound emulation is quite bad.

1 Like

snes9x-next (aka snes9x2010) is likely what you’re looking for. Unfortunately for whatever reason that core is currently unavailable on many android devices (see other thread regarding build error).