[SNES mini] per core config files

Hey guys, I got my Snes mini working with awesome missing SNES games, great Genesis, NeoGeo, TurboGFX, NES, Gameboy, CPS2 and CPS1 games. Awesome stuff!

One thing I can’t get to work, is per core config files in retroarch, especially useful for the controls… For example, I like my button layout for my Genesis games way different than my Snes.

Can anyone help me with this?

ps. I already disabled “save on exit”, since this was recommended on this forum somewhere… but this doesn’t seem to work.

For controls, you’re typically better off using the core input remapping feature, which is accessible from the quick menu’s “controls” submenu. It lets you move the core’s buttons around on the retropad. Once you get a layout you like, you can save the remap file and it will load automatically for that core/game (depending on whether you saved a core or game remap).

1 Like

Thanks a lot Hunterk, I’d never used that setting before. Works wonders! Except with MAME2000… which doesn’t have that option. Weird right? It seems to be the only core from which the setting is missing.

I use the core because it’s very lightweight (limited space on the SNES classic) and the games I want to play work fine on it; Splatterhouse 1, Outrun, Moral Kombat 1, Space Harrier, Frogger, MS. Pacman, Galaga, Nemesis and… Tehkan Soccer :slight_smile:

Though… being able to change the controls would be so great, because the default layout for MK 1 is crappy.

Any thought?

The input descriptors have to be added. Sometimes that’s simple, sometimes it’s not. My assumption is that just nobody has bothered to do it for this core. I’ll take a look and see if it’s something I can do.

1 Like

Would be totally awesome @Hunterk!

Do you mind filing an issue report on github for mame2000 remapping as you described? You can do so at this link: https://github.com/libretro/mame2000-libretro/issues

That will help make it possible to keep track of this over time if the fix isn’t immediate.

Done! :slight_smile: LINK

1 Like

Any luck yet @hunterk?

@wertz added them in today. I haven’t gotten to test them yet, but I don’t see why they wouldn’t work.

2 Likes