SNES Netplay problems

Hopefully this is the right place to ask this.

So a friend and I have tried to get this to work, I was able to forward my ports so that way he can connect to me and that usually works. The problem is when we connect the graphics for the game as well as the sound just go nuts and it becomes unplayable, usually it only happens on one side or on rare occasions it will happen to both of us. We're using just the regular SNES9x core to do this as other SNES cores don't seem to be compatible with the games we're trying to play (The games are Battletoads and Double Dragon, and TMNT IV). If anyone can offer some advice as to why this doesn't seem to work for us that would be awesome.

Also we’re both using the PC version which are identical as well as identical roms for the games.

Are you using 1.3.6 or nightlies? There’s been some extensive and exciting work on netplay recently, so if you’re not on the nightlies, you should switch to them soon (i think it’s currently semi-broken but should be fixed again in a day or two).

Regardless, yeah, snes9x is the best core for netplay. bsnes will desync pretty quickly. I’m not sure why the audio/video is going nuts but that should happen less frequently with the new changes.

Yes we are using the 1.3.6 version, the idea of using the nightlies didn’t cross our minds but it’s something we are going to try out since the worst that could happen is it not working. Thanks for the speedy response!

[QUOTE=Catsworth;48166]Hopefully this is the right place to ask this.

So a friend and I have tried to get this to work, I was able to forward my ports so that way he can connect to me and that usually works. The problem is when we connect the graphics for the game as well as the sound just go nuts and it becomes unplayable, usually it only happens on one side or on rare occasions it will happen to both of us. We're using just the regular SNES9x core to do this as other SNES cores don't seem to be compatible with the games we're trying to play (The games are Battletoads and Double Dragon, and TMNT IV). If anyone can offer some advice as to why this doesn't seem to work for us that would be awesome.

Also we’re both using the PC version which are identical as well as identical roms for the games.[/QUOTE]

can you please explain me, how you did that, please. i would like to test it to,