SNES shaders for crisp picture?

I’m using the snes9x and I want to a achieve crisp retro image like in boi rebirth. I’ve tried some smoothing shaders but they take away the retro look. Is there a shader that up scales the quality but keeps retro look? If not then, what ctr shader you recommend? Left a sample for boi for example

crt-royale-kurozumi will give you the look of a high end PVM CRT. Image will look sharp and vibrant. Although for best results it is recommended to be used on monitors with resolutions higher than 1080p.

If you are running a lower resolution monitor, crt-aperture works well. Some pictures below. View the image in fullscreen for best results.

Apature

Royale

2 Likes

You might also check out the shaders in the ‘retro’ directory, and maybe some from the ‘handheld’ directory. Those will all keep the sharp pixel edges.

Thank you, I decided to go for the high contrast TV shade in crt folder. The aperture looked to dark for me

Make sure you try selecting a PRESET, not a single shader… there are some really awesome presets out there with great “sharp” pixels. I like:

• Hylian-multipass
  • Lottes-halation
  • CRT-royale-image_adjust
  • CRT-geom