SNES Super Scope games and Mario Paint on Nvidia Shield TV

I want to play Mario Paint or any game with Super Scope support with a mouse. I played around with some options on some core’s, but nothing seems to work. I’m using the Shield TV.

Any ideas, tips??

I would like to know for any version of Retroarch as I can’t figure it out

I just tested these instructions with snes9x (current):

For Mario Paint, go into quick menu > controls and change the port 1 device type to SNES Mouse. That’s it.

For Super Scope games, go to quick menu > controls and change the port 2 device type to Super Scope. Then go to settings > input > port 2 binds and scroll all the way down to the bottom where you see ‘gun’ inputs. You can bind the trigger to left-click and the other inputs wherever you like.

These processes can be complicated by the fact that Android doesn’t seem to recognize all keyboards and mice as keyboards and mice.

1 Like

Thanks @hunterk for Instructions but when I do that the Mouse(Maybe also the Shooter Cursor) does not line up with my Mouse. How can I fix that Problem?

If you’re in fullscreen, you can hit F11 to hide/capture the mouse. It’s still very sensitive on my machine, but it at least doesn’t have a second cursor flying around.

Just make sure you don’t have the mouse and super scope both enabled at the same time or it will trap the mouse in the middle of the screen.

1 Like

I googled about Changing the SNES Mouse Sensitivity on Retroarch and seems at moment there is no way of doing it Sadly in Retroarch

@hunterk pressing F11 made it lot better as did not have the 2nd Cursor to Confuse me

Has anyone figured out what core to use that works with a mouse or trackpad for Mario Paint? I’m not sure how to make it work.

Snes9x should work. If you have a mouse connected and functioning, it should just be a matter of setting the port 2 device type to ‘snes mouse’ in quick menu > controls.

thanks @hunterk I actually am running retroarch on a linux computer and don’t have a “quick menu” in the main console. SO I’m probably barking up the wrong tree here… and when i go into “port 2” there is no option to change what currently says “RetroPad” to anything else. I’m assuming I need to install “snes mouse?” somehow :dizzy_face:

I use linux too, no worries :slight_smile:

The quick menu is what comes up when you load a core+game and then go back into the menu. It’s where you find things like saving/loading savestates and shaders, etc.

So, load snes9x core, then load your Mario Paint ROM and when the game is running, press F1 to get back into the menu. You should see ‘resume’ as the first option if you’re in the right place. Scroll down until you see ‘controls’ and then in that menu, look for ‘port 2 controls’. In there, the first line should say “device type” and you can press left/right to cycle among the options. SNES Mouse should be one of the first ones to the right of SNES Joypad.

Once it’s on SNES mouse, press F1 again to return to the game and try your mouse. If it works, go back into quick menu > controls and ‘save game remap file’. This will set the mouse up every time you load the game in the future.

Thanks so much! First thing I did was screw up the whole system, so I removed and reinstalled it. Now I know that you can do this, I tried each option. Super scope lets me move the mouse quite jerkily, but not select anything. justifier moves the mouse more smoothly but again, i can’t select anything. SNES mouse sadly does nothing. Thanks for teaching me how to change the controller though! I will keep experimenting and post if I figure it out to hopefully help other people trying to play this awesome game

Sorry, I was wrong, you need to change the port 1 device type to SNES mouse (just tried it myself to be sure).

OK i figured it out, thanks - I just needed to change the first port, but last time I did that it broke the emulator for some reason?

1 Like