Snes9x Next broken (1.0.0.2)

I don’t now how this has gone unnoticed. Load almost any SNES game and see corrupted graphics in the bottom half of the screen. Examples:

Aladdin: Title screen is corrupted on bottom left. Super Mario All Stars: Bottom of title screen is corrupted.

I understand that there have been changes to improve performance. These should be “optimizations,” and not “speed hacks.” The base functionality of Snes9x should not be compromised for performance improvements. A real performance optimization doesn’t affect functionality.

Retro Arch .9.9 Wii emulates these games just fine. This is a huge regression.

This is quite old though, we’re at 1.0.0.3 now for PC so I’d say, wait for 1.0.0.5 (for consoles) and report back if it persists

IIRC, this is/was an issue with the ‘crop overscan’ option. I think if you turn it off, the problems go away. I thought there was a thread about it somewhere.

There are a few. The odd bit is that you need it ON for the problem to go away, but it’s okay because it doesn’t actually work. (nothing gets cropped) I think only NES cores work with it.

I imagine OFF is default, which is why people run into this problem straight away.

1.0.0.4 is very close. Consoles come after that, so you can use that as a guide for when consoles are being worked on.

Hopefully in time for my Christmas holidays :slight_smile: