So House of the Dead 1 not actually working on MAME right?

Using mame2014 core, game actually can boot, but after in gameplay, just got full black screen, only HUD/subtitles show up, and also can heard sound. Search google/ddg around, only get few related info, but all were aged and makes me more confused.

1 Like

Have you tried it in the up-to-date MAME (the one without any year after the name)?

Yup, aleady tried the bleeding edge one, just got same result.

verify your romsets against the version of mame you want to use it on.

Are Sega Model 2 Games running anyway with Mame???

Model2 emulator is best for that I believe

Yup, but there is no Model 2 Emulator for RA/Lakka :wink:

Puxirepublic: i dont think that Mame can run Model 2 Games at all! and until that changes, there is no need to try with different romsets/mame-cores.

If you want to be sure, you can try with standalone-mame (+matching romset) …and if the games are unsupported/unplayable here, it will be exactly the same with current (newest) Mame-Core!

If you are new to Mame, i will recommend to use the standalone Mame anyway instead of RA (the RA-Cores are’nt simplier or have any advantage about the original Mame) and for house of the dead you can use standalone M2 emulator like mentioned before: http://nebula.emulatronia.com/

Thanks for the detailed. I know hotd works perfectly on M2 emu. Yeah, I posted this thread just for sure that I’m not alone here, since hotd actually can boot on MAME. I guess hotd must be ‘’red masked‘’ in standalone-MAME’s playlist (can boot but unplayable) IIRC.

Thanks again, and all of you.

1 Like

House of the Dead is the really awesome game now I want to play again the House of the Dead 2 game on my PC but didn’t found now. Anyone know where I can download the House of the Dead 2 game setup free without any issue working good setup?

We can’t/won’t help you find copyrighted materials.

:frowning_face: no problem @hunterk and thanks for the replaying friend. :slightly_smiling_face: