Soft Filters - How to make them work?

I was trying to use 2xbr soft filter, to see how the games would look like in the big screen, but I’m not sure why it doesn’t load, by that I mean that when I press the button to load 2xbr, the graphics doesn’t get smooth, they keep pixelated like it didn’t load at all, I tried using it for snes9x and picodrive cores, when I load darken, scale2x the and some snes filters they load fine, is there something in my config I should take care of first before trying 2xbr?

Some of the softfilters expect certain resolutions. I’m not sure if 2xBR is one of them, but you should generally use shaders instead when possible.

OK, I was trying it because I sold my GPU to get a newer one, and I’m waiting for it to be delivered, but I’ll use shaders when I put it in the PC, can’t wait to, thanks man.

Shaders should still work, even with integrated graphics. You’ll just have to dig around to find ones that aren’t too heavy.

I tried that after your suggestion, it’s too slow without a GPU, I’ll stick to scale2x soft filter for now, and try again later when the new GPU arrives. Thanks anyway.