Software to rename Plastation iso for Linux?

Hi all,

I ripped some Playstation CDs I have but the name are incorrect, I can launch the games manually but I can’t generate a playlist. Could you suggest me any software or script for Linux to rename properly the playstation bin image?

Thanks!

By “iso” you actually mean “.iso”? or you mean “.bin” or maybe even “.pbp”?

My bad, I would say bin file.

I’m not sure what your problem is. I can help you to batch rename all your bin files to whatever they are called in the Sony - PlayStation.dat file, if you think that would help. I cannot guarantee that will fix your problem, though.

Are you sure your cue files are right?

Hi Risky,

when I scan the folder the games I ripped aren’t in the list, but if I select them manually they run normally so I guess the problem is their name.

I personally don’t use playlists. The format is explained here.

Have you tried this online playlist editor?

If you still want to batch rename your bin files let me know.

I found a Playlist on Redump so now I can rename these files manually. I renamed those games but it didn’t work, they are not displayed in the list even if they run properly.

What am I missing? :thinking:

.bin alone are not normally scannable in import content, the proper way to load bin is to have the .cue file together with it. its not even advisable to play using ISO or just BIN file in psx even if it works, since your image with not contain multiple tracks which some of these game requires(usually, track 1 is audio, track2 data, then track 3 data etc)

1 Like

It wouldn’t hurt to try this PSX Cue Maker, just in case.

1 Like

Thank you guys, you were awesome! :+1::+1::+1:

I found a cli utility, poweriso, that converts an .img file to an .bin + .cue files! :grin::+1: