[Solved] 1.7.8 *.ips softpatching crash & playlist issue

Hi, i am new in this forum and i’m sorry, that my first topic is about problems in RetroArch 1.7.8.

Every time i try to start a game with an *.ips patch (softpatching) RetroArch is crashing. The log ends with: [INFO] Found IPS file in “D:\Roms\Nintendo - Super Nintendo Entertainment System\Bahamut Lagoon (Japan).ips”, attempting to patch … [INFO] Found IPS file in “D:\Roms\Nintendo - Nintendo Entertainment System\Chaos World (Japan).ips”, attempting to patch …

NOTE: *.bps patches are working.

Testet with 2 different Windows 7 computers, with stable 1.7.8 release and nightly 1.7.8 release from 2019_08_26 1 Linux Mint 19.1 cinnamon laptop with nightly/testing PPA

Testet cores: snes9x and snes9x2010, mesen and nestopia.

Another minor oddity is, that i can’t assign a default core in the Playlist Management, if my playlist is saved the old format. I assume this is by design, because in the 1.7.7 release the core association was saved in retroarch.cfg and in 1.7.8 it is saved directly in the playlist. Am i right?

Nevermind the *.ips problem. It seems to be fixed: https://github.com/libretro/RetroArch/pull/9382

1 Like