[SOLVED] Retroarch Playlist Relative Path

Hi,

Is it possible to use relative path instead of absolute path in playlist?

eg. C:/retroarch/roms/arcade/3countb.zip to ~:/retroarch/roms/arcade/3countb.zip? (i know that retroarch.cfg uses relative paths but that doesn’t work with playlist files)

That way i can use retroarch on a pendrive and move it around to E: F: H: etc…

3 Likes

This is really simple on Windows, just put “roms/arcade/3countb.zip” and it will work like a charm.

If you make some replacement rules with Notepad++ you can transform your playlists paths into relative ones.

CAUTION: If you have “DETECT” in the 4rth line, RetroArch will write the path of the core in the playlist with absolute path. So it’s better to write that manualy and you can use a replacement rule again.

3 Likes

Thanks man, that really worked out just fine, i had to move the roms folder inside retroarch but it’s all good, thanks a lot :smiley:

You didn’t mentioned that the roms weren’t inside the RetroArch folder.

If you have RetroArch in “E:\RetroArch” and the roms are inside “E:\Roms\Arcade”, you have to write “…/Roms/Arcade”. The “…/” indicates that the folder is one level over the actual directory position (that is always the RetroArch folder).

This kind of configuration is possible, but a little MESSY to make a portable RetroArch. Because you have your roms outside, cores inside, and you have to combine internal and externar relative path inside the same playlist!

It’s better that way! :smiley:

1 Like

That’s nice, I could go on and on using …\…\…\ to move up the levels :smiley:

I think all this information should be included in this link https://github.com/libretro/RetroArch/wiki/Manually-Creating-Custom-Playlists

Is it not possible to similarly use relative paths for cores in Windows playlist files? I have without success tried all of these
\cores\fbalpha_libretro.dll
/cores/fbalpha_libretro.dll
cores\fbalpha_libretro.dll
/fbalpha_libretro.dll
\fbalpha_libretro.dll
fbalpha_libretro.dll

That is also possible and working. The correct form is “cores\fbalpha_libretro.dll”. Since I’ve turned all my playlist to relative paths for both, rom and core.

Is this possible for the cmds files created for the px68k core? Im on WIndows.

This isn’t working for me at all. Can someone paste a full entry for one single working rom on windows? I’ve tried “roms/example.smc” “./roms/example.smc” and “…/roms/example.smc” but every one gives me file could not be loaded from playlist.

My “roms” folder is inside “retroarch” folder

roms\snes\ActRaiser (USA).sfc
ActRaiser
cores\bsnes_mercury_balanced_libretro.dll
bsnes mercury balanced libretro UE
0|crc
Nintendo - Super Nintendo Entertainment System.lpl

You have to use “\” instead of "/"