[SOLVED] Window focus problem on Windows with Vulkan

OK, I know the title is not very explanatory. :smiley: I’ll try to be more clear : on Windows 10, with Vulkan, every time I launch a game, or press F1 to go to the menu, the whole screen goes black : that’s because Windows loses Retroarch’s window’s focus and I have to Alt + Tab to the Retroarch window. Everytime. It’s pretty annoying, especially when you try a lot of different settings for a game and so, you have to go to the Retroarch menu a lot.

Retroarch is set to “Fullscreen = yes” and “Windowed fullscreen = no”. Is anyone else experiencing this ?

yes. its a big problem. And it annoys the hell out of me too. I wish there was a way to fix it.

Are you using a frontend by chance? I have a lot of issues with window focus because of my HyperSpin setup. Sometimes if it isn’t pulled up for at least 5 seconds before I launch RetroArch again it takes the focus off of RA and does this.

Yes, I use EmulationStation. Tomorrow I will try to launch RetroArch without the frontend to see if that’s the problem.

So, I just tested without the ES frontend and the problem still occurs. :confused:

I have exact same issue. Been bugging me for weeks. Wondered if changing video driver would help. Isolated problem to Vulkan. Googling then found this thread.

This might be fixed as of the latest retroarch nightly. They recently fixed a problem with nvidias vulkan drivers.

It is fixed indeed ! Amazing, thanks a lot to the devs ! :smiley:

Yep, switching to the nightlies worked for me. Thanks!