Some cores (Dolphin, Citra, ...) not loading

Hello.

I’m trying to make a smart cofee-table/arcade machine, trying with both RetroPie and a Windows mini PC.

The thing is that the Windows version is struggling to load several cores, especially Dolphin and Citra. Whenever I try to load a core among those, it just still show in the bottom left of the screen that no core has been loaded.

I’ve partially solved the NDS thing thanks to MelonDS, however I’d still want to get Citra running and, especially I would like to have Dolphin running, as I don’t have any GameCube/Wii option.

I’ve tried to update the Dolphin core through the interface, tried several Google tricks like redownloading the core from the website and copypasting the Sys folder, changing to glcore or Vulkan, etc, and nothing seems to work.

I believe that the juicy part of my logs are these lines that, despite being in Spanish, I believe that they’re easy to understand, as most of the text is still English, and the few Spa words can be understood by the context:

[ERROR] Error al abrir el núcleo Libretro: "C:\RetroArch-Win64\cores\citra_libretro.dll"
[ERROR] Error(s): unknown error 126

Have you tried installing the latest VC++ redist/runtime from Microsoft?

1 Like

Can’t remember, I believe it was offered as an optional install from setup menu, right? Or am I mixing with another program? (Emustation and several other things I’ve been trying). In that case, I’ve marked the checkbox in order to install it (I’ve read it somewhere).

Anyway, downloading and installing VC_redist.x64.exe right now from here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads-2647da03-1eea-4433-9aff-95f26a218cc0

2 Likes