Some FBA roms not scanning

I have the full set for FBA 0.2.97.38. Checked it with clrmamepro. After scanning in retroarch, a lot of games are not showing on the playlist. Game like Galaga, Metal Slug 2, Zaxxon are all missing from the playlist. They work if manually loaded.

It’s a bit of a pain in it’s current implementation. I think someone else here was able to get games to be scanned by torrentzipping them, but I’m just waiting on an update to see if scanning becomes a bit less finicky about what roms you have.

Mine scanned properly, but I don’t have the 0.2.97.38 set … it’s actually 0.2.97.36.

My roms are torrentzipped too. My sets are merged. Maybe it’s the problem?

I don’t think you can use merged with FBA cores. Not entirely sure but I a year ago or so I tried and had an issue, if I remember correctly.

What to do then? Use non-merged or split sets? I think it might not work with split sets too.

If I remember correctly there are 3 types. Merged, Merged/Split, and Split. I think Merged/Split is the one you want. I’ll give you an example of two games I have…

3 Count Bout (Fire Suplex) for Neo-Geo This game has 2 files… 3countb.zip (7,454 KB) 3countba.zip (319 KB)

[B]Super Baseball 2020 for Neo-Geo

[/B]This game has 3 files…

2020bb.zip (2,866 KB) 2020bba.zip (173 KB) 2020bbh.zip (172 KB)

Nice! I will try later when I get home. Thanks.

Worked like a charm!

Just use Split Sets and torrentzip.

Ha! Now I’m having this problem. When trying to scan FBA 0.2.97.38 CPS-1 and CPS-2 roms. A bunch of other arcade roms from the set are showing up so I don’t get it. Anyway, what do I have to do here, use clrmamepro and rebuild the set using a torrentzip option? Assuming clrmamepro has a torrentzip option. Pretty annoying for FBA Core scanning.

EDIT: Well, it doesn’t look like clrmamepro is accepting the FBA Arcade Games .dat file from retroarch github. So i figured I’d try to torrentzip them and the roms already are torrentzipped.

Note: They all play fine by loading content.

EDIT #2: I just downloaded a 3rd FBA 0.2.97.38 set and CPS roms still aren’t scanning. What is the problem here? These aren’t bad sets. Is there something wrong with scanning Capcom roms in FBA?