Some game are not working with Beetle PSX HW.

Hi, I’ve searched on google and on retroarch forums before posting my problem, I found nothing, and its driving me crazy. before I expose my problem here is my setup : Cpu : intel pentium 4400 3.3 Ghz VGA : RX 480 8GO 4 Go RAM Front-end : launchbox games extenstions : BINs and cues (caps respected and all)

I’ve a rather big psx game collection and most of them are running using the retroarch 1.7.5, I’ve followed all the instructions concerning bios (md5 checked) and everything. some games like castlevania sotn, dino crisis 1 and 2, ISS, and few others are not working at all. retroarch just crashes when launching, but so many other games work perfectly (80% I’d say out of 100 games I guess). just for the information, these specific games work flawlessly with another core (PCSX rearmed).

can anybody please give me a hint or a fix to this ?

No way to tell, really, without a log.

Hi Hunterk and thanks for your message I’ve followed the instructions on retroarch guides here but couldn’t find any log txt file at all. really weird.

I’ve also tired to launch these games via retroarch directly, it gives me a simple “Failed to load content”

After reading the log file generated, I’ve realized that the cue file are not the same as the bin file although the names were the same

I guess I have to generate new cue files for my bins … thanks for the help guys

APE ESCAPE-PSX-(PARADOX PATCH PAL NTSC).BIN
No such file or directory

My guess is the cue sheet isn’t properly escaped (i.e., the parentheses might be breaking it, so enclose the file name in double-quotes).

you’re the man hunterk, thanks for the tip bro. Admins may close this topic :slight_smile:

Thank you so much

No problem. Glad you got it going :slight_smile:

After checking the PSX image files and correcting all the cue files, I’m still stuck with some games that just don’t want to launch, I’ve tried the cue and bin with epsxe emulator and they work betttery smooth but on the Beetle HW core, they simply stuck with a blackscreen at launch. any help with that ? here is a copy of the Log file : https://pastebin.com/zexj0Qns

Looks like you might have a bad BIOS in there:

[libretro INFO] Checking if required firmware is present.
[libretro WARN] Firmware found but has invalid SHA1: D:\LaunchBox\Emulators\RetroArch\system\scph5502.bin
[libretro WARN] Expected SHA1: F6BC2D1F5EB6593DE7D089C425AC681D6FFFD3F0
[libretro WARN] Obtained SHA1: F8DE9325FC36FCFA4B29124D291C9251094F2E54
[libretro WARN] Unsupported firmware may cause emulation glitches.
1 Like

ohh, thanks for pointing that out, I was worried about this part :

1. [INFO] [Video]: Does not have enough samples for monitor refresh rate estimation. Requires to run for at least 4096 frames.
  2. [INFO] [Video]: Does not have enough samples for monitor refresh rate estimation. Requires to run for at least 4096 frames.

I’ll correct the bios MD5 thingy and i’ll be right back.

thanks again man for all this help. much appreciated

Omg, it was it, everything is working man… thank you very much hunterk :hugs:

1 Like