Some games just won't appear on playlist

Some games won’t appear on playlist even when I scan these specific files instead of just folder they are in. Most notably famicom disk system. How can I make them appear?

It depends on the source of the ROM. For example Retroarch will only scan No-Intro Rom sets when it comes to certain cores, and FDS is one of them (as far as i know).

You’ll have to add the ones that have not been scanned manually. Just open the playlist file “Nintendo - Family Computer Disk System.lpl” and go from there. If you don’t know how to do that, just simply follow the example of other games that have already been added there.

OK. That shouldn’t be a problem. Thanks, but I’m also wondering is there a simple tool I can edit ROM properties such as name and description. For some ROMs especially rom hacks names can be messy so I’m not sure what are they until I open them.

You can edit the name the rom will use on the playlist file itself. For example:

D:\Games\Nintendo - Famicon Disk System\Link no Bouken - The Legend of Zelda 2 (Japan) (v1.1).fds Link no Bouken - The Legend of Zelda 2 (Japan) (Rev 1) DETECT DETECT 1187FE3D|crc Nintendo - Family Computer Disk System.lpl

Just change “Link no Bouken - The Legend of Zelda 2 (Japan) (Rev 1)” To whatever you like and that is the name you will see in Retroarch. As far as editing the actual file name itself… I am not sure about that one. You might have to use some rom editing software.

That’s good. I’ll edit names on playlist files for now. BTW can I add ISO files and create playstation 1 playlist and what about MAME roms? Can I have MAME playlist too?

You can. All playlist files work the same.

I found out that RetroArch actually uses database for ROM names on their playlists and identifies ROMs by CRC so if some ROM is not on their database it simply won’t appear. I would like option to use filenames instead. That would be perfect actually!

BTW why do I have to press run twice every time? When I press run once and select core game should start.