Some games not playing

A lot of PAL games do that with Mupen (any version, not just ours). MM is also notoriously difficult to emulate.

It’s been a known issue been since February. https://github.com/libretro/mupen64plus … /issues/81

Thanks for feedback, at least they acknowledge it, although I’m not sure if that means something since 3 months after and days away to stable release it still doesn’t work. I add it to the buglist.

You’re encouraged to go to a different project and found a dev team worth your impressive efforts, anytime. grins

I encourage you to write more insightful posts, it’s very easy to trash talk but unlike you I have a mod blowing my ear, happy day!

These kind of issues are most likely present in the standalone versions of the emulator (mednafen / mupen), you’d need to test the standalone versions of the emulators. Only if the issues are NOT present there it’s a bug relevant to the libretro project.

If the issues are present there, feel free to report the issues at their respective forums/issue trackers/etc.

yeah, we discussed this before. I’m not saying it’s retroarch’s fault, all I’m saying is I can’t play a key N64 game in retroarch, and I mention because retroarch tends to fix core issues too. It’s like buying a smartphone to do everything except phone calls. I already reported it to its respective forum here.

Amongst the only cores where extensive core has been done and compatibility differences are expected mupen. For mednafen the correct forums is this: http://forum.fobby.net/

“Final Fantasy IX (Spain)” now works with the patch as for core version 0.9.36.3.

Also, gave it another look and “Ranma 1-2 - Byakuranaika (Japan)” works, it’s just that the first screen you are showed is the typical audio CD player that normally is presented when a game is not detected. You have to click on CD-ROM and game plays normally, was like this on Japanese Mega CD? how odd!

Where did you get the 0.9.36.3 version of mednafen core?

On the same place current nightly builds are, they are 10 days old.