Some keys of the gamepad trigger pause

I have an amigo gamepad SAIT0039. When using it with retroarch on my pc it works perfectly, but on my mipad the L2 and y button (left) triggers pause in game. The select and start button donot respond in game. While keybinding every keys are detected. I have used all the snes cores. Trying to run contra alien wars. Is there a way to fix this or do I need to buy a new gamepad.

No need to buy lol but something’s definitely off on the gamepad binding, try clearing binds (User 1 default all) and then configuring again

Tried clearing and rebinding no effect.

Hey I’m pretty sure I know what your issue is because I was struggling with a more severe version of this for about 3 days before I finally found a way to totally fix it.

It’s to do with a bug in the way RetroArch deals with controllers since they changed the way xinput works like a week ago.

Basically what it comes down to is that if you press any button on a controller that sends a signal that is mapped to nul, then every single KEYBOARD button that is mapped to nul or is otherwise unmapped will trigger. This confused the hell out of me for a long time… with my configuration, all second player input was messed up on SNES, my Mega CD was constantly ejecting the disks, other cores were fastforwarding or frame advancing for no reason, etc.

In any case, if you put this at the TOP of your configuration file and then rebind the things you actually want (and don’t bind anything to ‘u’) it should sort out your issue.

Alternatively, you can put it at the BOTTOM of your configuration file, and then delete the lines for unwanted functionality elsewhere in the file. (In your case, this would mean deleting the line starting input_pause_toggle)

#Dummy input to stop retroarch from being an idiot input_toggle_fast_forward = “u” input_hold_fast_forward = “u” input_load_state = “u” input_save_state = “u” input_toggle_fullscreen = “u” input_exit_emulator = “u” input_state_slot_increase = “u” input_state_slot_decrease = “u” input_rewind = “u” input_movie_record_toggle = “u” input_pause_toggle = “u” input_frame_advance = “u” input_reset = “u” input_shader_next = “u” input_shader_prev = “u” input_cheat_index_plus = “u” input_cheat_index_minus = “u” input_cheat_toggle = “u” input_screenshot = “u” input_audio_mute = “u” input_osk_toggle = “u” input_netplay_flip_players = “u” input_slowmotion = “u” input_volume_up = “u” input_volume_down = “u” input_overlay_next = “u” input_disk_eject_toggle = “u” input_disk_next = “u” input_disk_prev = “u” input_grab_mouse_toggle = “u” input_menu_toggle = “u”

input_player1_b = “z” input_player1_y = “a” input_player1_select = “rshift” input_player1_start = “enter” input_player1_up = “up” input_player1_down = “down” input_player1_left = “left” input_player1_right = “right” input_player1_a = “x” input_player1_x = “s” input_player1_l = “q” input_player1_r = “w”

input_player1_l2 = “u” input_player1_r2 = “u” input_player1_l3 = “u” input_player1_r3 = “u” input_player1_l_x_plus = “u” input_player1_l_x_minus = “u” input_player1_l_y_plus = “u” input_player1_l_y_minus = “u” input_player1_r_x_plus = “u” input_player1_r_x_minus = “u” input_player1_r_y_plus = “u” input_player1_r_y_minus = “u” input_player1_turbo = “u” input_player2_b = “u” input_player2_y = “u” input_player2_select = “u” input_player2_start = “u” input_player2_up = “u” input_player2_down = “u” input_player2_left = “u” input_player2_right = “u” input_player2_a = “u” input_player2_x = “u” input_player2_l = “u” input_player2_r = “u” input_player2_l2 = “u” input_player2_r2 = “u” input_player2_l3 = “u” input_player2_r3 = “u” input_player2_l_x_plus = “u” input_player2_l_x_minus = “u” input_player2_l_y_plus = “u” input_player2_l_y_minus = “u” input_player2_r_x_plus = “u” input_player2_r_x_minus = “u” input_player2_r_y_plus = “u” input_player2_r_y_minus = “u” input_player2_turbo = “u” #Dummy input end