Some new question

Hello, this is an off-topic message that I’m posting so I can create new topics and ask about a problem I’m having. Thanks.

If you’re already posting off-topic, why not go ahead ask the question off-topic, as well? :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway, I moved it to a new post, so ask away

Thanks for letting me ask this way. I’ll go to the point, RetroArch is really finicky when it comes to detecting what games I have. It lists all my roms, but it doesn’t detect what game that rom corresponds to at times. Say I have a Super Mario Bros rom, when RetroArch reads it, a playlist for NES gets created and the game is listed. If I go into the info seciton in the game, and then to database entry, I can see it correctly detected that it is Super Mario Bros. However, this doesn’t work that well at times. I have a Resident Evil rom that is identified some times, and not identified others. Also, if I change the name of the game inside RetroArch, the database entry disappears.

This is Super Mario Bros before I change the name of the game. The game’s name is “Super Mario Bros. (World)”. I would like to remove the “. (World)” part, however doing so with this, or any other game removes the database entry so I RetroArch no longer detects it for thumbnail downloads or other features.

there was a screenshot here showing a message in the database entry section that displays “No playlist entries available” but new users can post only 1 image so…

This is the same game after I’ve changed the name of it. I don’t know why this happens but it’s really annoying. I would like to have a thumbnail and a screenshot for each game. I downloaded a pack containing those for entire console systems, but because the database entry is missing sometimes RetroArch doesn’t know what to do with those images and never associates them. How does this work?

Currently, you can’t change the name of a game and still have thumbnails for it. RetroArch uses the game’s name to find a thumbnail for it.

There are some that are completely broken tho. The original legend of zelda is called “Legend of Zleda, The (USA)”. Like wtf. Also how can I make it detect the games that are not working for me? The online updater for thumbnails is busted too, I have to download them manually.

Hi! I have a mini ps4 ripoff android device gaming box called Data Frog RS-93 with an Allwinner H3Q cpu. Some people said, Its capable of running lakka. I installed it on a new 16gb sd card. It uses only 500Mb and I cant reacht te remaning 14gb from windows. But I would like to make a second partiton for the games. How can I transfer the games on windows to this partition?

Once you run Lakka once, it will make a new partition that expands to the full space on the drive.

Thanks. A other question. I could t control it. I connect the controller via usb but can not navigate in the menu. The arrovs on the controller does not work. I tried a usb keyboard but it does not work either. I used an image for the banana pie. As i mentioned before it has án allwinner h3q chipset.