Some Playstation games doesn't show up after scan

Hi, I’m on 1.3.4 and when I scan my roms directory some games appear in the Playstation playlist, but some other doesn’t. I have tried updating the databases, renaming the bin and cues to match the databases, deleting the Sony - PlayStation.lpl (just in case), but still doesn’t appear. The games launch ok with the Load content option. How can I fix or contribute to make this be fixed?

Edit: I forgot to mention that I created the .bin/.cue files from my original discs, which are in good condition and also can be run via Load content. The issue is that the scan doesn’t pick up some of this games.

I’m having this same issue.

This issue drives me crazy, I’ve tried everything >_<

We get our scanning databases from other people (no-intro, redump, etc.). If your checksums don’t match those, they won’t show up.

The alternative is to use a script or hand-make your playlist files instead of using the scanner. This won’t bring in things like boxart but at least will get them into your XMB navigation playlists.

[QUOTE=hunterk;39181]We get our scanning databases from other people (no-intro, redump, etc.). If your checksums don’t match those, they won’t show up.

The alternative is to use a script or hand-make your playlist files instead of using the scanner. This won’t bring in things like boxart but at least will get them into your XMB navigation playlists.[/QUOTE]

Well, stonewalling users into only scanning files with matching database CRCs is a complete PITA.

I’ve found a powershell script that will create playlists here: http://pastebin.com/5Y9qmB4U

But its a dumb script…I’m thinking about creating an easier one, but I’d like to know if there’s a way to read the database to pull CRC info and tie it to my matching files (so retroarch has the proper information on the file). If I open up a database file, I can read some of it but it looks as though its encoded/compressed in something other than just plaintext. Does anyone know how to view this file as plaintext?

EDIT: Found them here

Before I write a program for this, does anyone know of a script/program that will automatically build the playlist while matching the CRC info via title from the database?

[QUOTE=hunterk;39181]We get our scanning databases from other people (no-intro, redump, etc.). If your checksums don’t match those, they won’t show up.

The alternative is to use a script or hand-make your playlist files instead of using the scanner. This won’t bring in things like boxart but at least will get them into your XMB navigation playlists.[/QUOTE]

My copy of redump.org “Pong - The Next Level (USA)” doesn’t show up in the scan. So far that’s the only one out of 15 or so.

I’ve written and am testing a small, easy-to-use program (Windows only) that will generate the playlists, fake “match” CRCs with the RetroArch database (based on filename, so that the info works), and pulls the artwork for the games (based on filename) from the retroarch site. If the CRCs/filenames do not match, they will still be added to the rom listing.

If there is enough interest in this, I’ll create another thread. If anyone would like to test out the program (it is not complete yet), PM me.

If anyone knows of any alternatives that do the same, please let me know.

Preview: