Some question about the non-google play store version of retroarch

After becoming informed about this article https://www.libretro.com/index.php/retroarch-android-new-versions-for-play-store-please-read/ I have some of questions.

First question is the none-google play version still compatible with lower version of android like 6 and 7?

Second question if I have the google play version already installed and I install the non-play version will simply overwrite it or do have to uninstall the google play version then install the non-google play version?

Final question it seems there is three apks to choose from one that just says download another that’s 64 bit and a third that’s 32 bit which version should I download?

I’m not sure how far back the non-Play version goes.

It should overwrite it, AFAIK.

The 32-bit one is specifically 32-bit. It will install on 64-bit systems as a 32-bit application, which is useful for a few cores (notably PCSX-ReARMed and Picodrive). Google will likely kill 32-bit compatibility at some point, though. The “download” one should have both 64-bit and 32-bit applications inside and your device will decide which one it should use (Google makes them always choose 64-bit if possible). The 64-bit one is only the 64-bit application and you should only use this one if you have a 64-bit capable device and need to save a few MBs of space vs the “download” one.

This is weird I download the apk and tried to install it (I’ve installed apks before) but it says it corrupted, any ideas?

1 Like

f85b8bbf1798569a73b385c678ec2618 md5

Hi, i have download the 12/03/2021 nightly version (12march) aarch64 on my phone without problem. How you download it?

Ps= why retroarch not have internal nightly updater?

1 Like

Ok so I tried the nightly version as oppose to stable version and it worked. Guess I’ll use that for now but someone ought to look into why the stable version is corrupted. Also i just download it using chrome on my phone.

1 Like